Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm completely losing track of what guns I do and don't still have...

As one of the older members on here I can tell you that I keep a complete record of every shooting related bit of gear I own together with transactions in and out. The wonders of computers makes it a doddle.
    See you at Kempton hopefully? I have something for you.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Guns i aint so bad on.scopes is my downfall. I keep forgetting i have a few 6-18 pro air simmond scopes. I see one for sale.buy it then frown when i go put it with the others.i now have 8

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Guns i aint so bad on.scopes is my downfall. I keep forgetting i have a few 6-18 pro air simmond scopes. I see one for sale.buy it then frown when i go put it with the others.i now have 8

Ha ha!!

I have a couple of 6-18 Pro Air scopes, They're cracking gear!!

I seem to have acquired a few spare scopes for when I get a glassless rifle, Trouble is that i've decided i'm not buying any more rifles - That may change at the weekend though, I wasn't going to Melbourne but it looks like I may be able to now!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I was sorting through my guns that I had to wrap up last year to moove into the new house ( what an absolute mission oiling every single one and buble wrapping &#128580

And in looking for a few to sell on to make more space I found a meteor mk4 that I totally forgot I bought and a limited edition gold medallion stunning marble walnut stocked Crosman 2100 classic! I thought how the @#*k did I forget that I bought this! And I must have bought these both x2-4 years ago but becuase I’ve too many and not enough time in the day to shoot them, I’ve never managed to actually give them a shoot. Shamfall really but I love it 😊

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Ahhh... I knew talking to you guys would make me feel "better"
    Have you found that CP88 yet??

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Have you found that CP88 yet??
    Damn.. I'd forgotten about that too. Actaully a friend of mine might have had that, whcih woudl explain why I couldn't find it before. Then again I have a funny feeling I might have let him buy it off me.

Just when I was starting to feel less senile...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Gun collections - insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Damn.. I'd forgotten about that too. Actaully a friend of mine might have had that, whcih woudl explain why I couldn't find it before. Then again I have a funny feeling I might have let him buy it off me.

Just when I was starting to feel less senile...
    Worth keeping accurate records of what is in the cupboard! Your home insurance will usually pay out on theft if individual items value is inside a stated limit, and if the guns are kept securely in the home. But looking at what some of you guys have it may take some work to convince the average insurance company that anybody would ever need that many.......

A written record, together with serial numbers, is never a bad idea.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by rimmy77 View Post
    Worth keeping accurate records of what is in the cupboard! Your home insurance will usually pay out on theft if individual items value is inside a stated limit, and if the guns are kept securely in the home. But looking at what some of you guys have it may take some work to convince the average insurance company that anybody would ever need that many.......

A written record, together with serial numbers, is never a bad idea.
    Yeah, I do have a master spreadsheet, but a few things seem to have been forgotten. Doing a bit of a stock take exercise now... serial numbers etc. I agree, well worth doing for insurance purposes.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.