Thread: S/S 'Match' Airsoft Pistol?

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    finaly remembered where I saw one

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6006

not in stock but new i had seen one in the flesh
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Understand what you are saying- but in any event I ordered one with a Blue cylinder so it doesn't look like a black gun!

It'll be here in a few days- I hope!
    Did you get it OK?
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Been held in customs since the 22nd (only took 3 days to get there which is impressive) Checked the tracker a couple of hours ago and it's been released to the 'inward office', so presumably Parcel Force. Just wait- I expect I'll get a demand for import duty, vat and 'handling' next thing

I'll let you know when I know more!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Fingers crossed for you.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Bugger! The postman tried to deliver it earlier- I was ,in the shower and never heard the doorbell!

Bugger! The postman tried to deliver it earlier- I was ,in the shower and never heard the doorbell!
    Bummer
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

The suspense is killing me, have you collected yet?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    The suspense is killing me, have you collected yet?
    It arrived today- I was away for a few days so couldn't accept delivery before then.

First impressions are very good- with a few reservations. The muzzle weight on the end of the barrel which is the attachment point for the front sight was loose. Further investigation showed it was held on by two grub screws- right up against the gas tank!! I tried to remove the barrel with no luck (I didn't want to force it, even though it's held on by two grub screws) Anyway I'm bonding the muzzle weight onto the barrel. Incidentally it is a weight as it's metal!

The trigger is pretty bad- but it does have a few adjustment screws. I discovered they were wound
    right out and totally ineffective therefore. Spent a few minutes with it and now it's starting to work well- but very gritty. Hopefully that'll bed in.

The rear most screw on the breech doesn't have anything to do with barrel retention. Playing with it, it became apparent it was there to adjust the 'hop-up'. It did make a huge difference as the pistol was shooting 6'' high at 6m. Winding it out slowly dropped the POI to where I wanted it. The sights are good but didn't have enough adjustment- hardly surprising! I suspect this pistol would work better at 10m

There is no manual supplied so you have to figure it all out yourself!

Good points-

So obviously well made. The fit and finish are excellent. The plastic 'wood' grips- adjustable palm shelf- are as good as anything I've used and look very convincing- I was surprised. The feeling of quality is high- the pistol is a decent weight.

The gas tank is huge- took ages to fill it- I fancy it'll provide a lot of shots. Allowing for the loose foresight, once I adjusted the POI it was surprisingly accurate.

Comes naturally up to aim and once they're aligned the sights are acceptably sharp.

I used Green gas to fill it- it's not a blowback so I don't think this more powerful gas should have a negative impact- there's no moving parts after all as it is a single shot pistol- which is really easy to cock and load.

To sum up-

This will never be capable of winning any medals. However it is a great trainer and introduction to anyone wanting to shoot target pistols on a budget- as long as you are happy to spend a bit of time fettling it! It looks and feels the part, once I've finished fettling it I think it'll be a fun pistol.

Why is it gas reservoir powered? I thought these were SSP. Cocking effort to compress air for the 1 joule or so needed would be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Why is it gas reservoir powered? I thought these were SSP. Cocking effort to compress air for the 1 joule or so needed would be nothing.
    No- these are an 'airsoft pistol' so run on Propane or derivatives. Classed as a toy by most countries except for here why Airsoft pistols come under the VCR act. But as I discovered you can make a mockery of this.

I'm going to start a thread on the members section regards this..

No- these are an 'airsoft pistol' so run on Propane or derivatives. Classed as a toy by most countries except for here why Airsoft pistols come under the VCR act. But as I discovered you can make a mockery of this.

I'm going to start a thread on the members section regards this..
    Airsoft also includes other power plants, electric (Airsoft Electric Gun:AEG) and spring (typically bolt action “sniper” rifles)

It’s more to do with low power and firing plastic balls, making them non-lethal. They were included in the VCR act because most are replicas of real firearms. Inert replicas are covered by the same restrictions.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by colin57 View Post
    Hello mate, I have found what you are looking for, but it's in Hong Kong.

www.rainbow8.com

PSS 300 Airsoft pistol. Works out at about £132.00.

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections...-pistol-sliver
    That is nice but the need has evaporated... maybe i will get one for myself though.