Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX Impact

FX Impact

thinking of buying a 177 fx impact,but i heared they have been problems with them,as any body in the last few months bought one and had any problems with it,or should i buy a daystate
    cheers.

Buy a daystate no way . impact all the way

Daystate all the way. You won’t be disappointed.
    Spoke to some guys at British shooting show who said all the probs had been fixed with the Impact. However there is still a notice on the BAR website that they are not selling them until they are fixed. Lovely looking gun though.

It depends on what you want it for.. the impact is £1500 & I think you get more gun for that money than you will a £1500 daystate, but personally if I were spending that much I'd be looking at the steyr camp myself I reckon daystate & fx have better value offerings for around £1k.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Had mine 5 weeks... perfect!

I bought one of the early ones in .177 - it was utter rubbish! Great looks, great shot count, crap groups. Tried everything but nothing worked so I sold it!

Personally I wouldn't buy any FX in .177 with a smooth-twist barrel for sub 12ft lbs. Maybe they are OK at FAC velocities and are probably better with the meatier .22 pellet but I don't think they work well at low pellet speeds, especially in .177.

I tried a whole pile of different pellets, of all the best makes - nothing really improved the poor groups.

Also with the Impact - the majority of the adjustments available for FAC versions are disabled on the UK spec rifle.

Check out Giles' (Airgun Gear Show) review on you tube - I laughed when I watched it - sorry Giles it confirmed all my tests! Those groups are not good!

If you want a really good, accurate rifle try and get a new Daystate Airwolf, or a Mk4 is, or a Daystate Pulsar - I've had all 3 in .177 and I assure you they are amazing.

ATB

Jack
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Jesim1 is online now Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackspratt View Post
    I bought one of the early ones in .177 - it was utter rubbish! Great looks, great shot count, crap groups. Tried everything but nothing worked so I sold it!

Personally I wouldn't buy any FX in .177 with a smooth-twist barrel for sub 12ft lbs. Maybe they are OK at FAC velocities and are probably better with the meatier .22 pellet but I don't think they work well at low pellet speeds, especially in .177.

I tried a whole pile of different pellets, of all the best makes - nothing really improved the poor groups.

Also with the Impact - the majority of the adjustments available for FAC versions are disabled on the UK spec rifle.

Check out Giles' (Airgun Gear Show) review on you tube - I laughed when I watched it - sorry Giles it confirmed all my tests! Those groups are not good!

If you want a really good, accurate rifle try and get a new Daystate Airwolf, or a Mk4 is, or a Daystate Pulsar - I've had all 3 in .177 and I assure you they are amazing.

ATB

Jack
    This mirrors my experience with both makes.

I have nothing FX, I have 6 Daystates.

This will always be a bone of contention and is reflected on peoples view/experience with the brand - so to be really fair and non bias:

1. Get a few options to look at - Impact, Pulsar, Cricket, etc.
    2. Try them for fit/comfort in a shop or range
    3. Speak to a couple of different shops and ask what their experience is of what you like without saying your thinking of buying one
    4. Make sure it suits your intend purpose

After that it's up to you, don't get put off something unless the evidence is substantial and don't believe everyone's views - half the people who slag Impacts have never owned one, and although a few people slag off Daystate, the Pulsar has been their most reliable and accurate rifle ever.

Make sure you come back and give others the benefit of your experience once you have bought your gun and had it for a couple of months and put a 1000+ pellets through it.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by scally mally View Post
    thinking of buying a 177 fx impact,but i heared they have been problems with them,as any body in the last few months bought one and had any problems with it,or should i buy a daystate
    cheers.
    You are really asking the wrong question.
    If your asking about different makes when you really need to be asking what you want it to to do and will it fit you and do the job or jobs you want it to do.

Each nake and models will have pros and cons and I always argue fit is a key thing often overlooked for what a gun looks like or what name is in the breech block.

To answer your specific.question...it seems that the issues associated with the impact tended to fall into the legal limit range as oppossed to FAC have been ironed out so I would not doscount it from your list. Its definitely on mine though in FAC multi cals.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I never thought I would say thi but here goes. Either buy an Air Arms which will be quality out of the box or look at the cheaper end of the market which will be just as accurate but leave funds for a scope and a lifetime of pellets.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

wellhouse0 Guest

impact

mine hasn't had any problems! I sometimes wonder if one person having a problem, becomes an internet 'problem' that is not a 'real' problem at all. I'm sure all big manufactures have the occasional problem - i guess how they handle it is really the point. There's 2 others in the club i'm in and they are fine as well. I talked to Liam at airfective before buying mine and he put my mind at rest pretty quickly, lets face it - he should know. Talking to him, it's normally down to people twiddling with the power settings (sometimes too much adjustability is not a good thing?). Got to say it's my favourite rifle in the cupboard at the moment, from benchrest to hunting it does it all for me. If it has any problems - i can live with them!

Quote Originally Posted by wellhouse0 View Post
    mine hasn't had any problems! I sometimes wonder if one person having a problem, becomes an internet 'problem' that is not a 'real' problem at all. I'm sure all big manufactures have the occasional problem - i guess how they handle it is really the point. There's 2 others in the club i'm in and they are fine as well. I talked to Liam at airfective before buying mine and he put my mind at rest pretty quickly, lets face it - he should know. Talking to him, it's normally down to people twiddling with the power settings (sometimes too much adjustability is not a good thing?). Got to say it's my favourite rifle in the cupboard at the moment, from benchrest to hunting it does it all for me. If it has any problems - i can live with them!
    BAR to name one took them off sale when they first came out due to horrendous issues.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

wellhouse0 Guest

impact

The impact has been out for i guess 2.5yrs now (?) and i read the occasional bad press at the beginning, but having owned one for a year and my second one for about 4 or 5 weeks (one set up for hunting and one for target shooting) i'm struggling to work out what could be that horrendous. If there is a barrel/probe problem it can be changed out in minutes by the owner whereas most others would have to go back to base and from my understanding ASI/FX are very reasonable to deal with when/if there are issues. Seals are pretty straight forward to change out looking at the internet and talking to Liam, the most complicated bit, from what i can ascertain, is the relationship between the different power adjustment bits. I'm not saying people will never have any problems but i've yet to have an air rifle that didn't need some fiddling with during it's life (people make a living out of it). Strangely apart from the internet, i've spoken to only one owner who wasn't happy with his impact, the rest without exception were happy. I don't know how many have been sold worldwide but i'm struggling to find a huge amount of recent negative feedback from 'owners' on the net (just googled it). My local dealers biggest complaint is he can't get enough of them to sell - not returns! I would say to the op - go and look at as many different rifles as you can and see what suits you best, bullpups don't suit everyone. Check the warrantee situation with dealers and get their feedback on the amount of returns they have had and what the general issues are. I have no relationship with fx but based on my experience, so far, i would have another one. (i forgot - i have!)
    Last edited by wellhouse0; 15-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.

impact

I have shot quite a few impacts and am seriously considering one. However if you are not going fac the only plus is changing calibres and the looks. The daystate pulsar is very accurate and reliable but electronic so you will need to consider whether the parts will be available in 7 years time. If its mechanical it can be fixed! I have talked/ interrogated many impact owners around 15 now, and the only problem one of them had was leaks around the gauges sorted by a tweak with a spanner. If you are going to use a gun for hunting in sub 12 the wildcat is better ergonomically and lighter and more pointable is just as accurate and has over 200 shots per fill in .177 and .22. The general consensus is the impact is now sorted and fault free.
    mk2 rapid.22

Fx impact

Thank you very much for your input on the fx impact,I have just bought a 177 a couple of days ago,I like the impact very much,but I am disappointed that I can not get to group very well,I have put a1000 jsb 4.51through it,can you tell me what pellets you impact guys r using.
    Thanks,
    Mally

wellhouse0 Guest

impact

jsb exact 8.44 4.52 die 6, have you got the latest full twisted barrel, not the old part twist .177? Did you buy it new? 1000 pellets in a couple of days, that's shifting! 500 a day at a minute between shots, no rest would take over 8hrs/day - maybe that's the problem?
    Last edited by wellhouse0; 20-03-2018 at 06:42 PM.