Thread: FX Impact

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wellhouse0 Guest

impact

The impact has been out for i guess 2.5yrs now (?) and i read the occasional bad press at the beginning, but having owned one for a year and my second one for about 4 or 5 weeks (one set up for hunting and one for target shooting) i'm struggling to work out what could be that horrendous. If there is a barrel/probe problem it can be changed out in minutes by the owner whereas most others would have to go back to base and from my understanding ASI/FX are very reasonable to deal with when/if there are issues. Seals are pretty straight forward to change out looking at the internet and talking to Liam, the most complicated bit, from what i can ascertain, is the relationship between the different power adjustment bits. I'm not saying people will never have any problems but i've yet to have an air rifle that didn't need some fiddling with during it's life (people make a living out of it). Strangely apart from the internet, i've spoken to only one owner who wasn't happy with his impact, the rest without exception were happy. I don't know how many have been sold worldwide but i'm struggling to find a huge amount of recent negative feedback from 'owners' on the net (just googled it). My local dealers biggest complaint is he can't get enough of them to sell - not returns! I would say to the op - go and look at as many different rifles as you can and see what suits you best, bullpups don't suit everyone. Check the warrantee situation with dealers and get their feedback on the amount of returns they have had and what the general issues are. I have no relationship with fx but based on my experience, so far, i would have another one. (i forgot - i have!)
    Last edited by wellhouse0; 15-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.