Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FX Impact

Fx impact

Yes I. bought it new 5days ago,i’V been using jsb exacts 8.44 4.51

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by scally mally View Post
    Thank you very much for your input on the fx impact,I have just bought a 177 a couple of days ago,I like the impact very much,but I am disappointed that I can not get to group very well,I have put a1000 jsb 4.51through it,can you tell me what pellets you impact guys r using.
    Thanks,
    Mally
    Mine did not group well either, but here are a few things to try:

1. Stop using the mag and single load it - it's a pain, but it will rule out mag problems, also try it over a chrono with a full mag, and then the same number of pellets loaded single and look at the two strings - they should be identical, but I'll bet they are not?

2. Try different pellets - a lot of different pellets!:

I tried dozens and the only one that would group to any extent was AA Express as pictured above. Dozens I tried were grouping like a shot gun - truly bad groups! I know it's time consuming and expensive to buy all these, but if I'd never tried AA Express my next thing would have been a new barrel on mine.

3. Make sure it's not you! Take your time, check your using the same grip, Impacts can be a pain for correct height mounts and cocking you head to compensate - are yours ok and not causing parallax?

4. Are you a decent shot and using a bi pod/rest etc.? You really have to be indoors with zero wind to test it properly, if you are on an outdoor range the slightest wind can open groups by a half inch or more easily?

If none of this helps then you need to decide whether or not to give it back to the FRD as unfit for purpose? Perceived accuracy can be hard to quantify, but one hole groups at 30m or being able to stick several dozen shots through the same ragged hole the size of a 5p at the same distance should be achievable for most modern PCPs and most shooters. If you can't do this, get a trusted friend to have a go, and if your still struggling, at over £1600 I'd be asking for an exchange or a refund, but I would encourage you to try a second one because I know there are good ones out there - but also still a few duffers coming through by the looks of it?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

wellhouse0 Guest

impact

good points by James, also you haven't said which barrel you have but a few other points to check, removable probe grub screw not loose, make sure barrel is fully in, i.e it is actually fitted into the little notch on the end not 2mm further out, make sure barrel locking knob is firmly screwed in, make sure shroud is properly screwed on, make sure the interchangeable scope rail is on tight, what scope do you have, is it parallax fussy - very important for head position on bullpups. To rule yourself out, clamp the impact firmly and see what groups you get.
    Last edited by wellhouse0; 20-03-2018 at 08:08 PM.

The Impact I owned last year also preferred a diet of AA Express/Webley Mosquito. Some really good advice from previous poster about scope height. It can be a nightmare attempting to keep a rifle like the Impact from canting and maintaining proper head and eye position. My Impact must have shot 10-20,000 shots between both .177 and .22 calibres. It never missed a beat in all of the time I had it.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !