Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
In 30 years it will be 2148 - let's round it up to 50 years from now.
What may be interesting is not the well made stuff available today - tomorrows Webleys - but the cheapo CO2 pistols (for example). Most are not built to last - trust me I have quite a few and they all fail if you use them heartedly. So - in 50 years time a mint boxed Umarex Walther PPKS (for example) which costs about £120 now could be worth the latter day equivalent of £600 or even more as all of the others died many years ago.
I don't thnk it will work like that in the future...

Years ago people did not have the dispoable income they have now and generally people bought what they needed, relatively few were kept in their boxes and were little used which is why such examples can fetch high prices now.

Now people generally have much more disosable income, places to shoot are fewer and fewer, interests are fickle and people also know the value of boxed examples - so I think boxed, mint examples of todays guns will not be so rare as yesterdays guns are today.
That is also ignoring the speculators out who are hoarding them purely as 'investments'.