Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coppaslip?

i used to work with coppaslip. it has scatchy bits in. we and i went on to MS4 silicone compound. the good thing about MS4 in a can is the oil and grease will separate if left a while.so a bonus oil and grease.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Here's a thought, provoked by Carlos, and his endless servicing of his new car.

Has anybody used Coppaslip (or Silverslip?) on the moving parts of their guns?

I'm thinking of using it during rebuilds - on cocking linkages, breech jaws & shims, outside of the moving comp' tube on HW97s/TX200s, etc...

I know it's not the kind of lube that you can 'squeeze in' like oil, so it's only possible to use properly if you're taking bits apart and putting them back together.

Reason I ask is, I don't like using grease in areas that are open to the environment - as grease picks up grit and uses it like grinding paste. I believe grease is best used in captive areas for that reason.

I believe I've read that Steve Pope uses "anti-scuff paste" for the main tube -to- sliding comp' tube, on the '77/'97 action. I don't know what that is, but maybe Coppaslip is similar stuff? Less sticky than grease?

So, any thoughts? I don't want to be a 'lubrication pioneer'!
    I'd have thought you wouldn't ever notice a little missing from your mountain of KY I've heard you keep under your bed??! just use a bit of that
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Nobody mentioned coppaslip's particular property of managing to coat anything in it's close vicinity, particularly clothing. Any mechanic will tell you it gets everywhere!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Gotta be careful though if the 2 parts are of dissimilar metals ........water and salt will be very unhelpful in this situation too
    Coppaslip can cause aluminium alloy bolts to seize in aluminium threads, there are other products that should be used for that purpose.