Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw100 or fx impact .177

Hw100 or fx impact .177

I have a hw100 carbine but which is the most accurate out of the two guns

Quote Originally Posted by happy harry View Post
    I have a hw100 carbine but which is the most accurate out of the two guns
    My money will be on the HW100
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    My money will be on the HW100
    This or the new dreamline..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Sounds more like a bed. Or fantasy railway...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Considering the price difference I'd keep the HW100 - even a good Impact will not be any more accurate than a good HW100.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Dreamline

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Sounds more like a bed. Or fantasy railway...
    Not quite but I know what you mean...
    Looky:

https://youtu.be/vcpELfHocNI
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

They're not available here in the states yet. Can you give a quick overview of yours? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    They're not available here in the states yet. Can you give a quick overview of yours? Thanks.
    Don't have one.. not sure anyone here has yet.

The 100 and the impact are 2 very different animals imho. N9t rifles.I.would compare sode by side to be honest.
    I think the impact scores iro FAC and switch barrel. In sub 12 I think the 100 is the safer bet. The impact is by its very nature a more complex animal and due to the switch barrel and adjustable output nature...it just doesnt seem to be the ideal.for a.1 cal sub 12 rifle. As a bull pup...its designed as a bull pup so the lever is front of your face not behinfld your earhole yet its still a full length barrel.

As a hunter and HFT the 100 is a bugger to beat imho especially if you dump the steel cylinder and whack an alloy tube in.

The mags are.brilliant...difficult to.double load and the single.shot adapter is brilliant and.means a steel sheet goes in.front of the hammer spring so an accidental or negligent discharge isnt going to make all three sides of the triangle.

Both are excellent rifles but there mot really comparable in terms of style nor price either. I just cant look at an impact and think sub 12 .177 cal as an only option.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thumbs up

A tick for the hw100

It will still be an overpriced POS the same as the rest from FX. Just another example of how the airgun industry likes to kipper you with your trousers on.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

It will still be an overpriced POS the same as the rest from FX. Just another example of how the airgun industry likes to kipper you with your trousers on.
    Oh dear...

Oh dear...
    Sad fact but true never the less. Too many *SPECIAL* rifles around now to actually mean anything. They all pusha a pellet just the same.

Sad fact but true never the less. Too many *SPECIAL* rifles around now to actually mean anything. They all pusha a pellet just the same.
    Yes agreed but none other than fx present the external adjustability that fx do for tuning the gun to how you want & there barrel sleeve idea really does mean you can tailor your rifle to do whatever you want. No one else has come anywhere near fx for there enginuity in there design and they are still presenting rifles for the same money as most of the other leading top tear manufacturers, therefore if your spending that sort of money I think fx by far present the best value for money in that price range.
    What your talking about is why the likes of gamo, air arms, BSA, hatsan and walther all make sub £800 rifles, for people that are happy with "just pushing a pellet". That's all fine, I guess its just what your into

Mmm overpriced? maybe but POS I think not.

http://www.extremebenchrest.com/wp-c...eme-Finals.jpg