Thread: Will Theoben Rapid barrel fit on BSA Ultra?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Will Theoben Rapid barrel fit on BSA Ultra?

Hi, a friend of mine is selling his Theoben Rapid .20 and .25 barrels, both about 24 inches long. I'm doing some caliber swaps/barrel length testing with my BSA Ultra's, and wondered if these Theoben barrels will fit (I believe they are LW barrels).
    Many thanks, Louis

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Hi, a friend of mine is selling his Theoben Rapid .20 and .25 barrels, both about 24 inches long. I'm doing some caliber swaps/barrel length testing with my BSA Ultra's, and wondered if these Theoben barrels will fit (I believe they are LW barrels).
    Many thanks, Louis
    Not just the barrel, what about the probes?

You would have to cut and machine them to fit. Be aware that longer barrels will likely result in FAC level power outputs.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Rapid parts command good prices. Given that they will need to be machined to fit you are probably better off buying plain barrel blanks to start with.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Rapid parts command good prices. Given that they will need to be machined to fit you are probably better off buying plain barrel blanks to start with.
    yup... much more cost effective.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yup... much more cost effective.
    Thanks for the advice gents.
    I bought them in the Netherlands for about 88 pounds each. I think a bit cheaper than a LW blank but I'm not sure. I haven't got them yet so I can't compare them with my BSA barrels, but I've understood that the diameter at the breech end will have to be reduced from 15.8 mm to 15.5 mm. I hope that the hole which connects to the transfer port is in the right spot, and that the pellet accepting part of the barrel is right too. Will also have to make a .20 probe and pellet guide.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Many thanks, Louis
    Over here those two barrels are probably worth more than the Ultra is