Thread: Flippin' typical!

Flippin' typical!

So, I thought I would have a play with recently acquired HW35 whilst watching a film. Checked the power, it is a bit close but there is deiseling so a strip and de-lube is required. No biggy, had planned to strip it anyway.

Off come the sights, no issues. Out come the stocks screws, no issue. Lift off stock and a grub screw makes a bid for freedom! Where the heck did that come from?? Turns out it is the screw that adjusts the Sears that sticks out of the front of the trigger assembly. No problem thinks I, but hold on it is a torx head. I hunted through my tools, I have torx keys that are too small, I have torx screws that are too big but nothing of the correct size, nor any other tools that will fit at a push. Flippin' typical

Anyone know offhand what size I need to hunt down tomorrow.
    Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    So, I thought I would have a play with recently acquired HW35 whilst watching a film. Checked the power, it is a bit close but there is deiseling so a strip and de-lube is required. No biggy, had planned to strip it anyway.

Off come the sights, no issues. Out come the stocks screws, no issue. Lift off stock and a grub screw makes a bid for freedom! Where the heck did that come from?? Turns out it is the screw that adjusts the Sears that sticks out of the front of the trigger assembly. No problem thinks I, but hold on it is a torx head. I hunted through my tools, I have torx keys that are too small, I have torx screws that are too big but nothing of the correct size, nor any other tools that will fit at a push. Flippin' typical

Anyone know offhand what size I need to hunt down tomorrow.
    Cheers
    It is the one between the one that is too small and the one that is too big!

Torx 8 off the top of my head

Thanks, that sounds about right as I don't have size 7,8 or 9 and had narrowed it down to one of those. Just heading out now.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Never play with a weapon whilst watching those dire FreeView channels 671, 672, 673....It always ends in tears......