Thread: Backdraft silencer

Backdraft silencer

I have a backdraft silencer on my rm8 varmint. But it’s not very quiet is there anyway to make it quieter thanks

is it hollow inside of is there baffles inside?

you could get some hair curlers and some felt pad and fit that inside if its just a hollow tube .

This type curlers

You could fit a few inside each other to make more of a baffle with the felt around the bigger one . Plus the odd washer that is close to the diameter of your pellet but with a few mm extra for alignment issues

thread here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Empty-silencer

Those backdrafts are for use in Scotland to warm your hands in cold weather. Fit a Weihrauch silencer, cold, but super quiet.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    is it hollow inside of is there baffles inside?

you could get some hair curlers and some felt pad and fit that inside if its just a hollow tube .

This type curlers

You could fit a few inside each other to make more of a baffle with the felt around the bigger one . Plus the odd washer that is close to the diameter of your pellet but with a few mm extra for alignment issues

thread here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Empty-silencer
    Hi yep totally hollow inside so will get some felt and curlers. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by welshmikie View Post
    Hi yep totally hollow inside so will get some felt and curlers. Thanks for the advice

The back draft could be mounted two ways . Nigel Allen shows it here https://youtu.be/2Bh3ddmkazc?t=2m26s

I just watched the video.

Seriously, 112dB..

I have exactly the same meter, just built a carbon shroud for .22 rapid.... 48.6dB

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by welshmikie View Post
    I have a backdraft silencer on my rm8 varmint. But it’s not very quiet is there anyway to make it quieter thanks
    For a back draft silencer to work properly it has to be of considerable size. Think about the usual OEM shrouds that hardly ever work and the after market fat ones that do a better job. My suggestion is also to accept an extra 5" on the end of the barrel and use a conventional silencer armed with hair curlers.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The back draft could be mounted two ways . Nigel Allen shows it here https://youtu.be/2Bh3ddmkazc?t=2m26s
    At about 9:22 in that video there is a close up of the breech of the air rifle - is it me or does the bore look off centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    At about 9:22 in that video there is a close up of the breech of the air rifle - is it me or does the bore look off centre?
    Angle of the camera I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    The breech block is machined at an angle so the counter bore gives more of a chamferat the top.

Bb