Thread: Colin Greenwood died recently

Colin Greenwood died recently

Who remembers him??

Guns Review editor, RIP. Very insightful and intelligent man. His abilities and qualifications were admirable. I did not always agree with his opinions but he argued his case thoroughly. Guns Review was the best ever shooting magazine. Current shooting magazine publishers should think about reviving it. I wonder who owns the name Guns Review?
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 17-03-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Passed away last November, I think. A good and wise chap.

I used to read his stuff in Guns Review (he wrote both as editor and as "Cadmus") back in the day, when that magazine and Jan Stevenson's Handgunner demonstrated what high-quality shooting magazines could be. Nothing about like them now.

I believe he was at one time a senior police officer and he wrote an excellent book entitled "Firearms Control" -- probably over 40 years ago but much of the reasoning and arguments must still be valid today.

I knew Colin quite well in the 70s and 80s I shot with him on several occasions. He was president of Woodtop rifle and pistol club which I was a member. A true gent. He passed away on 10 November 2017. I went to his funeral on 28 November. RIP

Let's keep Colin's memory alive and make sure he's never forgotten. Stay strong, my friends!

Just saw the post about Colin Greenwood's recent passing. While I'm not familiar with him myself, it's always tough when someone from our community leaves us. Sending my condolences to those who knew him well and are feeling his loss.

September 2017
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I am very sad to hear that news. He served as a police officer, journalist and campaigner. He can be viewed as an important analyst of the relationship between the people and the authorities in latter day post war Britain. Guns Review was an excellent journal and it is a pity we no longer have anything quite like it. Thank you to the OP for letting us know about the passing of Colin Greenwood. RIP

I first got to know Colin through working for his friend & fellow "leading light" at Wood Top gun club, Harry Leah. Colin lived at Colden, a hamlet only about a mile from me and a little further along the same hill, and we used to bump into each other fairly often.
    I always found him to be a thoroughly civilised & decent man, and one who didn't look down on me for being a "mere air rifle shooter" but understood that an air rifle was an effective means of pest control in the local terrain & respected my choice.
    He stood up for the rights of all shooters, irrespective of their chosen discipline, and argued our case eloquently and with deep knowledge of his subject. We need someone with his status & "clout" to speak for us today.
    R.I.P. Colin, you are missed.

Guns Review was my favourite gun magazine until it sadly stopped. I would still buy it today if it continued. Always read Colins columns, had some very good articles etc. RIP Colin and thanks for hard work you put into a great magazine.

never new him myself but always sad when you lose a good member

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Passed away last November, I think. A good and wise chap.

I used to read his stuff in Guns Review (he wrote both as editor and as "Cadmus") back in the day, when that magazine and Jan Stevenson's Handgunner demonstrated what high-quality shooting magazines could be. Nothing about like them now.
    Yes any article by him was going to be an interesting read. Hope he reached a good age. I didn't know he was "Cadmus" as well, I'm sure Cadmus wrote for the Shooting Times, back when it was a great shooting magazine with the best gun writers.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."