Thread: Colin Greenwood died recently

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    September 2017
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I am very sad to hear that news. He served as a police officer, journalist and campaigner. He can be viewed as an important analyst of the relationship between the people and the authorities in latter day post war Britain. Guns Review was an excellent journal and it is a pity we no longer have anything quite like it. Thank you to the OP for letting us know about the passing of Colin Greenwood. RIP

I first got to know Colin through working for his friend & fellow "leading light" at Wood Top gun club, Harry Leah. Colin lived at Colden, a hamlet only about a mile from me and a little further along the same hill, and we used to bump into each other fairly often.
    I always found him to be a thoroughly civilised & decent man, and one who didn't look down on me for being a "mere air rifle shooter" but understood that an air rifle was an effective means of pest control in the local terrain & respected my choice.
    He stood up for the rights of all shooters, irrespective of their chosen discipline, and argued our case eloquently and with deep knowledge of his subject. We need someone with his status & "clout" to speak for us today.
    R.I.P. Colin, you are missed.

Guns Review was my favourite gun magazine until it sadly stopped. I would still buy it today if it continued. Always read Colins columns, had some very good articles etc. RIP Colin and thanks for hard work you put into a great magazine.

never new him myself but always sad when you lose a good member