Thread: Colin Greenwood died recently

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Colin Greenwood died recently

Who remembers him??

Guns Review editor, RIP. Very insightful and intelligent man. His abilities and qualifications were admirable. I did not always agree with his opinions but he argued his case thoroughly. Guns Review was the best ever shooting magazine. Current shooting magazine publishers should think about reviving it. I wonder who owns the name Guns Review?
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 17-03-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Passed away last November, I think. A good and wise chap.

I used to read his stuff in Guns Review (he wrote both as editor and as "Cadmus") back in the day, when that magazine and Jan Stevenson's Handgunner demonstrated what high-quality shooting magazines could be. Nothing about like them now.

I believe he was at one time a senior police officer and he wrote an excellent book entitled "Firearms Control" -- probably over 40 years ago but much of the reasoning and arguments must still be valid today.

I knew Colin quite well in the 70s and 80s I shot with him on several occasions. He was president of Woodtop rifle and pistol club which I was a member. A true gent. He passed away on 10 November 2017. I went to his funeral on 28 November. RIP

Let's keep Colin's memory alive and make sure he's never forgotten. Stay strong, my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Passed away last November, I think. A good and wise chap.

I used to read his stuff in Guns Review (he wrote both as editor and as "Cadmus") back in the day, when that magazine and Jan Stevenson's Handgunner demonstrated what high-quality shooting magazines could be. Nothing about like them now.
    Yes any article by him was going to be an interesting read. Hope he reached a good age. I didn't know he was "Cadmus" as well, I'm sure Cadmus wrote for the Shooting Times, back when it was a great shooting magazine with the best gun writers.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."