I think that most of us who have been shooting air power for a considerable amount of time would agree that it is far easier to nail a target with a PCP than it is with a springer. I suppose because I associate myself with other regular and keen shots that I am used to seeing examples of very good shooting on a regular basis. As such, the descriptions provided in magazines of the levels of accuracy available are totally believable, and I think it is unfair for some readers to presume that findings are in any way fabricated.
Terry Doe for example was (and probably still is) an excellent former champion shot who is more than capable of producing genuine single pellet hole sized groups at long range when given the equipment and putting his mind to it. In my opinion, it is unfair for anybody to doubt his honesty and integrity.

Maybe due to a lack of experience, the original poster has failed to understand that many shooters are capable of producing amazing levels of accuracy, they just dont go on about it. Shooting long range live targets is not something that those more experienced shooters consider or practice. The reason for this is that due to risk of wounding, it is inhumane to "risk" a shot when the experienced shot will just try to get closer to the target.

The best place for anybody to prove to themselves that they can cut it regarding their own perceived level of accuracy is in competition. Only then will you experience just how far off what you considered your own expert levels of accuracy are compared to what is achievable by true marksmen. Unfortunately for most of us, this will be a long way off what is achievable by competition winners. Its not about risking the odd long range shot at a living creature, it is all about being aware of your own limitations and appreciating that being honest about your own capabilities will mean that long range shooting at living creatures is unsporting and cruel.

Sorry to sound like somebody telling us all what we already know, but it appears that some members need advising of the unwritten agreement that most of us subscribe to, namely that of leaving long range 45 yard plus targets to FAC airgun or rimfire users.

Andy