Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
You can choose to accept this or not, AG, but I have never known this to be the case. I test most of the new guns and I've toured many factories many times, but I've never known there to be a batch of guns specifically assigned for testing. It sounds like it should happen, but in my experience, it doesn't. Just saying.
Terry, I don't doubt that you get a standard production gun to test - but I doubt it'll be the worst example. It'll have been selected tried and tested before you see it. This only makes sense.

To give a real example I recall your article on the Compatto and its assessment and development. Glowing reports after months of use and development, no problems, perfect cycling etc etc. It took less than an hour for me to find my particular example at least could not group, jammed regularly, refused air was pellet fussy in the extreme and the cocked bolt could easily open in the field. You would never have received this example to test as somebody at the factory would have the sense to check what they gave out for test showed the product in its best light. Or if you did it would be hastily replaced.

You may even recall that I wrote to you about this very issue. To which I didn't receive a reply incidentally but I do appreciate that you have other concerns demands on your time to answer miffed customers.

I'm not saying that all are like this but it is rare to find a test that finds anything seriously negative ever.