Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: let's talk about accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    Or could be one pellet hole, and the rest could have missed completely. Hard to resist, sorry. Rog
    your welcome

Had a good old plinking session with the HW30s yesterday afternoon, wanted to see what it could do with the 4.50mm/7.5 grain Sniper Lights that I bought recently. Set up a lump of vinyl covered chipboard against a tree and got myself into a comfortable shooting position, 20 yards away. Put a pellet into the board and went for a group - not easy, as the centre of the duplex - 2.5x scope - completely obscured the hole, but managed to put four shots into a cluster less than 1/4" c-t-c. Spoilt it with the fifth, but redeemed myself with the sixth by taking out a fly that was stupid enough to land on the target.
    Probably not up to Bobby's standards of accuracy, but I was well pleased with the result...

My one shot groups are fantastic...

Seriously though, my LG110 will shoot a 13mm wide 10 shot group at 50m, none of my other pcp's will. (HW100, AA510, BSA R10, Walther domi, Daystate renagade)

To do it, it needs just the right batch and die number of JSB's, a totally still day (which is almost never) and a lot of luck, as there are lots of variables beyond the control of the shooter that will spoil the group. The more shots in a group, the higher the chances are of a 'flyer'.

Anyone who thinks they can shoot 5p groups at 50m all day, is having a laugh... If that was true, I'd like to see a 500 shot group inside a 5p!

I think a 50p size group at 50m is about the norm for rested shooting of sub 12 pcp's. Defo not rubbish, any working pcp should be able to do that day in, day out, on a calm day.

(has anyone watched Kirsten Joy Weiss shoot an egg with a 10/22 at 300 yards standing? Took a few shots but jeez...)

She is hot

Quote Originally Posted by bobby822 View Post
    She is hot
    Accomplished, talented, skillful.

The fact that she doesn't have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp is a bonus!

The yoga pose shooting is something else...

I have just had a quick look at that video link thanks, and after careful consideration, i could really see myself falling for her big style! I dont even care if she got someone else to shoot the f*****g egg in sync with her shot! I want to believe her!
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods