Thread: let's talk about accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I never expected my post would upset so many people. Please don't get upset when someone says they are better.

All my good shots were made either on a sandbag or a bidpod off a bench.

My point in the original post was, modern PCPs are far more precise and accurate than the shooters.
    With a good rest and in good condition (calm weather or indoor range, without any competition strss), they should be able to go through the same hole @35 yards.
    Of course the correct pellet has to be found to achieve that.

As to why I'm not doing competition is becuse 1. They dont' allow me to shoot off a sandbag on a bench. 2. I don't think shooting is a proper career (don't get me wrong, shooting is perfect hobby). How many years can you shoot in competitions? You probably will retire in the mid-thirties. What do you do after that? Getting upset like some other do here when someone says they can do better groups?

I love shooting as much as most of your guys out there but I still will laugh when someone says it's a good gun cos they can do 5p group at 30 yards.
    Last edited by bobby822; 18-03-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby822 View Post
    I never expected my post would upset so many people. Please don't get upset when someone says they are better.

As to why I'm not doing competition is becuse 1. They dont' allow me to shoot off a sandbag on a bench. 2. I don't think shooting is a proper career (don't get me wrong, shooting is perfect hobby). How many years can you shoot in competitions? You probably will retire in the mid-thirties. What do you do after that? Getting upset like some other do here when someone says they can do better groups?

I love shooting as much as most of your guys out there but I still will laugh when someone says it's a good gun cos they can do 5p group at 30 yards.
    You don't think shooting is a proper 'career'? No-one shoots competitive air-rifle 'as a career'. What crazy world do you live in that you think that people shoot FT and HFT as a profession, like soccer players? Although if they did, then they would all have to retire when you entered the field.

Terry Doe started a career in journalism and publishing out of competition shooting, and others got careers in engineering out of it e.g. the Welhams, or in sales, but no-one does it as a career. You seem to be ill-informed on multiple facets of the sport.

You seen to stand somewhere between Donald Trump and Walther Mitty on the fanciful nonsense scale and this will remain the case unless you take up Terry Doe's offer to allow you to display your supernatural skills with the air-rifle.

You aren't confusing feet with yards are you?

Definition of a Walt "an ordinary often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs".
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 18-03-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Bobby, please take this in a constructive way, because I suspect something is being lost in translation, here.

May I ask if English is your first language? Again, I'm not being sarcastic, it's a genuine question.

Regards.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

All my good shots were made either on a sandbag or a bidpod off a bench.

My point in the original post was, modern PCPs are far more precise and accurate than the shooters.
    With a good rest and in good condition (calm weather or indoor range, without any competition strss), they should be able to go through the same hole @35 yards.
    Of course the correct pellet has to be found to achieve that.

Yeah I nearly just delete my reply too because normally I would not bite lol.. I agree not only will Bobby's post rub new shooter up the wrong way but a lot of older ones too.

But What cracks me up is when people think they are an amazing shot, then tell you they are shooting with the of the top of the range pcp rifles rested, here's another tip to improve your! Shooting skills clamp the rifle down and tie string to the trigger, then your get pellet on pellet every shot a, awesome shooting skills..

Now please guys, this is not a knock on pcp rifle shooters who shoot rested, just the people that think they are better then anyone else when really, it's the gun that's better then them.

shoot a real gun and then when your groups open up dramatically tell me what's wrong with the gun or the shooting skills or who's shooting it, Yes I shoot RS I shoot all types of guns, RS for target shooting, Airguns and airsoft for more relaxed fun target and plinking, and a bit of clay shooting too, I don't shoot pcp rifles, Not because I think there's anything wrong with them for their uses, but I myself though find them a bit boring as I don't shoot HFT or hunt, but I would not criticise something for the sake of it who use or love them.

But to Say the normal and quiet respectable 5p grouping at 25-50 yards is not good accuracy, with a springer or pcp rifle, your talking out of your behind..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Potential accuracy and real world accuracy are two different animals. My 99s, my old Theoben rammer too, have the capability of cutting sub-1/4" c-t-c groups all day long. Under perfect conditions, with the gods looking down on me, so can I. Can I do it all day and every day? I wish - if I could, I'd be taking Mr D up on his offer and be buying a huge trophy cabinet.
    Are these rifles accurate? Very much so - but as ever, the organic component is the weakest link in the chain...