Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol identification challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    James could you empty your private messages folder please?

All ok now

Golly,missed this brilliant posting!

Congrats.What a creative chap you are Prof!

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    If you ever run out of British designs, there are some interesting American ones.
    Very true Dean, and top of my list would be the Haviland & Gunn 1881 patent for the very first breakbarrrel airgun of any kind. However there are two remaining British patents I want to tackle first (I have already started one). As long as I find the work enjoyable and the athritis doesn't play up too much, I will keep working through my bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    How long do you think it took to do it?

Matt.
    I suppose this one was spread over about 3-4 months. When I start one of these projects I have no idea how long they may take, as I tend to dip in and out of them depending on other commitments and how the mood takes me. It helps to keep me busy in retirement.

I have finished testing the gun against a Webley Mark 1 of the same period and I am putting together a summary of the results which I will post here soon.
    For those interested in the DIY aspects I will also put together an illustrated summary of the trials and tribulations of making the pistol, as a separate post.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    For those interested in the DIY aspects I will also put together an illustrated summary of the trials and tribulations of making the pistol, as a separate post.
    Yes please.

I suppose this one was spread over about 3-4 months. When I start one of these projects I have no idea how long they may take, as I tend to dip in and out of them depending on other commitments and how the mood takes me. It helps to keep me busy in retirement.

I have finished testing the gun against a Webley Mark 1 of the same period and I am putting together a summary of the results which I will post here soon.
    For those interested in the DIY aspects I will also put together an illustrated summary of the trials and tribulations of making the pistol, as a separate post.[/QUOTE]

How dare you compare yourself with Time team? They don't mess about for months, 3 days is always just enough.

But seriously, excellent work and I look forward to seeing the next.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .