Thread: Rapid single shot adaptor

Rapid single shot adaptor

Hi,
    Has anybody any experience with the various rapid single shot adapters: that is which ones are best?
    I'm looking at getting one for my rapid (which doesn't have the scalloped block) and I am wondering how they are in actual use?
    Thanks
    Dave

Hi

Hi Dave
    I've tried a few and to be honest thd best I feel are from fleabay, a guy makrs them and their £6 ish

Absolutely perfect for the job, left and Right handed

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I have hands like a bunch of bananas, I don’t have any problems loading pellets into my rapids, it’s a knack to get it right but easy once learned.

Bb

I have found them all to be a waste of money.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

single shot adapters

Hi 32:1, Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the ones from smw enginineering?
    REgards
    Dave

single shot adapters

Hi Rapid Nick
    Why?
    Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    Hi 32:1, Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the ones from smw enginineering?
    REgards
    Dave
    Yes mate, just pick what side you load from

I too have sausage fingers and spent to long trying to load and messed to many pellets up trying, the loader just makes it simple/easy esspecially when bench rested

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

single shot

Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    Hi Rapid Nick
    Why?
    Regards
    Dave

Every one I have used has been a variant of a plastic shape inserted into the breech slot. The only design I like is the one for the HW100 where part of the adapter swings out and makes pellet insertion very easy. OK I don't have large fingers so manual insertion isn't a problem for me.
    If one works for you then fine but I suspect that in due course all of them will be left behind when you go shooting. The only solution for Rapid users who need single shot loading on a regular basis is to have a Rapid block with the scalloped loading port. Everything else is a poor compromise.

Hi Nick
    These loaders stay clipped in place so mine never leave the block, I did ask Rowan if they would make one like you say but sadly not enough volume, quite honestly these off fleabay work brilliantly, I do use scalloped blocks to and have even tested groups with the loader V mag V thumbed in, single loader wins everytime.

Chris

Thanks for your input Chris. At the price asked they are certainly worth a try.

You could all of course save up and buy a RAW HM 1000. They are scalloped both sides and are a doddle to single load. £1500 a bit more expensive than a £6 plastic item though (but well worth it!!!)
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !