Thread: Bsa mercury mk 3

Bsa mercury mk 3

Anyone got a cylinder they want to part with ( the blued one pins not bolted ) also the one I have seems to be a bit batted inside ? . The piston head as two o rings and a buffer washer is this normal and I can't seem to be able to remove the pin that olds it on.... any ideas

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Anyone got a cylinder they want to part with ( the blued one pins not bolted ) also the one I have seems to be a bit batted inside ? . The piston head as two o rings and a buffer washer is this normal and I can't seem to be able to remove the pin that olds it on.... any ideas
    Sorry I don't have a cylinder for you, what cylinder are you after a mk2 or a mk3, the mk2 has a pin and a mk3 has the bolt, the trouble is you can't interchange them as the cocking lever and stock fitting is different (as well as the mounting bracket), also I've never seen a standard piston head with two O rings, so I wouldn't say it's standard.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Sorry I don't have a cylinder for you, what cylinder are you after a mk2 or a mk3, the mk2 has a pin and a mk3 has the bolt, the trouble is you can't interchange them as the cocking lever and stock fitting is different (as well as the mounting bracket), also I've never seen a standard piston head with two O rings, so I wouldn't say it's standard.

Pete
    It's a blued version but pin not bolt..

It's a blued version but pin not bolt..
    Then you'll need a mk2 cylinder, not a mk3, what does the cocking slot on your stock look like underneath?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Then you'll need a mk2 cylinder, not a mk3, what does the cocking slot on your stock look like underneath?

Pete
    Serial no starts zc the stock as a chequered grip and it as a double linkage cocking lever.

Serial no starts zc the stock as a chequered grip and it as a double linkage cocking lever.
    Right then, you have a mk3, which has a bolt, you will have to get another mk3 bolt cylinder as the mk2 cylinder that uses a pin won't fit your mk3 cocking linkage and stock, so you should be asking for a mk3 cylinder for a bolt.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

No problem, just didn't want you getting the wrong cylinder

Pete