Thread: Advice on recommissioning a Walther CPM-1

Advice on recommissioning a Walther CPM-1

I’ve acquired a beautiful condition Walther CPM-1 with both solid and vented barrels.

Don’t think it’s been shot for a while. Will be putting some co2 in it and carefully testing this week (being cautious after my CP3 problems!!!)

Would appreciate some recommendations on which oil to use for lubricating the trigger assembly and cocking mechanism as everything looks very ‘dry’.

I would lube the seals on the cylinder and pistol with a 'full synthetic' oil, just a few small drops. The trigger and cocking mechanism I would use a dry lube or a touch of FWB or Walther grease applied using a toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I would lube the seals on the cylinder and pistol with a 'full synthetic' oil, just a few small drops. The trigger and cocking mechanism I would use a dry lube or a touch of FWB or Walther grease applied using a toothpick.

Thanks Mark

Any specific full synthetic oil you would recommend?

The best oils to use on seals is Pelgun oil or automatic transmission fluid. I have heard they are the same thing
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at