Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how long to wait for airgun in post

how long to wait for airgun in post

hi,
    ordered an airgun on free adds ,last Tuesday. paid with direct paypal he was using on his add,.
    funny all communication has stopped after payment being made. ive messaged him several times to see if hes posted it.or i could get a tracking number.but i get no response, how long would you wait before getting pay pal involved.

Hmmmm .. I suspect this may disappoint unless others know better, but PayPal will not do anything if an airgun is involved as it is against their terms and conditions. Worth a try though I guess.
    Cheers, Phil

With the winter weather we have had lately I would give it a couple of days before I started to panic.

Hope it turns up but not sure if Paypal will be much use .
    See BAR's policy on PP.
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/page.asp?pg=8

"PLEASE NOTE:
    DUE TO PAYPAL POLICIES, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD FOR THE PURCHASE OF ANY AIR RIFLE, PISTOL OR SILENCER"

I waited a week for a 48 hr delivery as it had to go to coventry then back up here even though it came from Inverness

Airguns are classed as firearms

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
    Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
    Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.
    Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can’t buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.

Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can’t include blank ammunition.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...irearms-faq585

If you paid by Paypal gift then your on to a loser straight away . hence why its not allowed to be asked for on sales on here yet people still ask for it in the sales section on here

Paypal as a 'gift'. A number of members who have sent funds via Paypal as a 'gift' have found that if the goods are not as described, faulty, damaged in transit, or do not arrive, Paypal will not refund their money if the 'seller' refuses to make good. Because of this, the mods have taken the decision to prohibit sellers asking in their advertisements for payment via Paypal as a gift.

Paypal. Please note that Paypal prohibit their service from being used for transactions involving airguns.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....sales-sections
    Last edited by bighit; 19-03-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    With the winter weather we have had lately I would give it a couple of days before I started to panic.
    yes i will wait until Friday,
    but it costs nothing to send an email to let you know whats going on, i always email and send tracking number and keep the buyer informed when i sell something.

As it has been a week and you have not even had a response to your messages I would begin to think it is a scam. Once you have waited what you consider to be a reasonable time then maybe contact PP.

If they (seller) are not responding to you then they may not respond to PayPal either.

I would say to PP that you ordered some sports equipment from whoever, it has not been delivered and you cannot get a response from them so you want a chargeback.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU LIE. If PP ASK what the sporting goods are then tell the truth without hesitation and put it down to experience.

It is a long shot I know but what have you got to lose?
    Last edited by PaulR; 19-03-2018 at 04:02 PM.

It took almost 10 days for something bought from a member on here, to arrive by PF 48, due to a combination of the recent snow and a broken conveyor at the PF north essex depot. Even their tracking became 'frozen'. Mind you, I was in contact with the seller, so I knew the delay was nothing to do with him.

This situation is always a worry though when dealing with a private transaction for an air gun and/or using PayPal. Do hope you get a positive outcome, so please advise the result.

Good luck!

will do,
    ive just messaged him again asking for a refund, probably get no response,

If you put in a claim to PayPal then your 'airgun' could be described as an 'airsoft gun' perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    will do,
    ive just messaged him again asking for a refund, probably get no response,
    Where is the seller based? Could it be the Grahams at it again ?

Inform the police as it may be classed as fraud

Do you have his address? If so, is it worth a trip balancing fuel costs, etc. against what you paid for it? Have you contacted the police as it is perhaps fraud?

Good luck, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by noz1 View Post
    Do you have his address? If so, is it worth a trip balancing fuel costs, etc. against what you paid for it? Have you contacted the police as it is perhaps fraud?

Good luck, anyway.
    location, potters bar, if it does not arrive tomorrow ill give name,

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    If you put in a claim to PayPal then your 'airgun' could be described as an 'airsoft gun' perhaps?
    good idea,

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    As it has been a week and you have not even had a response to your messages I would begin to think it is a scam. Once you have waited what you consider to be a reasonable time then maybe contact PP.

If they (seller) are not responding to you then they may not respond to PayPal either.

I would say to PP that you ordered some sports equipment from whoever, it has not been delivered and you cannot get a response from them so you want a chargeback.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU LIE. If PP ASK what the sporting goods are then tell the truth without hesitation and put it down to experience.

It is a long shot I know but what have you got to lose?
    I second this,but airsoft in the description if asked may give a better chance,they may not ask,just the transaction number.Have you tried contacting through his p/p account email addy,this should tell you if his account is closed.Best of luck,hope things work out.