Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how long to wait for airgun in post

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    Did you fund the transaction via your credit card?

If so you might be able to go through them rather than paypal.
    Credit card companys are not liable if the transaction is done via Paypal as Paypal are acting as an intermediary and your claim is only with Paypal.

he does not seem like hes responding to freeadds or paypal. or me. if not i should get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    he does not seem like hes responding to freeadds or paypal. or me. if not i should get a refund.
    Unlikely to get a refund off PayPal for a gun

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Unlikely to get a refund off PayPal for a gun
    who telling them its a gun

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344

They will trace the transaction, look at the ad, and probably work it out for themselves.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Keep your fingers crossed,hope things go well for you,think it's time paypal showed how long the account has been opened to stop these people opening an account and closing it after scamming some one,there must be something that can be done,at least if the account was opened recently it may set off an alarm for the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    They will trace the transaction, look at the ad, and probably work it out for themselves.
    I doubt that,they deal with thousands of complaints each day.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    I doubt that,they deal with thousands of complaints each day.
    received this message from pay pal . Please allow some time for your order to arrive. If you don't receive it by Wednesday, 21 March 2018, you may escalate this to PayPal.

Just had a look at the ad' and it states that the gun will be delivered via RMSD. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that these parcels my be sent by air and are more likely to be checked (possibly by X-ray) than normal mail. If this is the case, perhaps it is awaiting inspection at RM.
    Personally, I think this is clutching at straws as the seller's not responding to your messages but it's the only hope I can offer.
    I know you said that you send a tracking number when posting, did you get one from the seller?

Of course, one way to find out if it's a scammer, is for somebody within say, 50 miles of Potters Bar were to email them & ask if it's still for sale & see what the answer is

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Just had a look at the ad' and it states that the gun will be delivered via RMSD. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that these parcels my be sent by air and are more likely to be checked (possibly by X-ray) than normal mail. If this is the case, perhaps it is awaiting inspection at RM.
    Personally, I think this is clutching at straws as the seller's not responding to your messages but it's the only hope I can offer.
    I know you said that you send a tracking number when posting, did you get one from the seller?
    no.as soon as i paid that was end of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Of course, one way to find out if it's a scammer, is for somebody within say, 50 miles of Potters Bar were to email them & ask if it's still for sale & see what the answer is
    I emailed earlier to ask if it was still for sale . No reply

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    The photo in the garden suggests the back stop is a fence panel....and some ivy!

Seriously though, I can see how the OP might have got drawn into this sale; I like the look of the Black star myself and at a good price :-( The unusual name (or is it a username?) may or may not have deserved further investigation. I have been fortunate enough to have bought two items of G* from good sellers (though I also did some background searches). These freeads seem to attract the wrong sort.

Hope you get a good resolution to this. But the zero Comms since payment does not bode well :-(
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

i will escalate the case tomorrow,see what happens,

When they ask for the advert for what you sold. Items have to be eligible for the Paypal guarantee so they'll want to see the advert for it to see that it is. They want to know the item didn't violate their terms.