Thread: Why has dieseling suddenly started?

Why has dieseling suddenly started?

Owned a webley exorcet for just under a year tuned by previous owner and shoots fantastic also trigger is set perfectly never even considered pulling it apart.
    Acuracy in my garden was weihrach level.

Can't say i have used it allot maybe 3 or 4 hundred shots in the last 11 months, it had its last big week long outing over Christmas when i fitted a peep sight.

Anyway got it out and put a new to me airmax scope on it.

Felt like i was chasing zero settled down a bit then off again i did notice a little smell.

Checked all the mounts and screws then had another go on the daylight today same problem but allot of diesling.
    Not consistent maybe two bad one ok one bad one ok etc.

My thoughts are it's kept in a cold place normally but this last week i two weeks i have stored it up very high inside the kitchen on a shelf in a heated house.

Could i have damaged the piston seal shooting it in extreme cold?

Could the central heating have loosened up what ever grease is inside it?

Its never felt warm and it shot fine on summer days.

I didnt exactly ask its life history from the previous owner but its in very good condition and looks barely used.

Forgot to say removed scope and put that on my 97 works perfectly.
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 19-03-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Maybe being on the shelf (on it's side ?) in the warm has allowed lube to soften & pool in such a way that it's got past the seal

Its not happened to anything else .
    Kept in the same condition is my tx and 97 .

I think i need to strip her down so she's shooting properly for the bash ,i just bought the scope for her and got sone nice pellets on order .

When i think about it the only gun she is shooting like is the vulcan but that's down to the ts**t trigger and with practice i can tighten up the groups .did

I have am idea going to store it standing upright next to a radiator then shoot it tomorrow lunch time or evening
    See what happens .
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 19-03-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.