Thread: Original/ Diana Mod. 38- Early Versions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got any pics by chance???

Thanks for your input, Dave. Ill see if i can get some photos on soon.
    What i dont know is if this is a T01 or pre- T01 3 ball and if the cylinder is as per the earliest 34s i.e. "short tube".

I'd welcome pics and more detail. The precise history of the 34/36/38, especially in the two or three years after introduction, is complicated and not well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Thanks for your input, Dave. Ill see if i can get some photos on soon.
    What i dont know is if this is a T01 or pre- T01 3 ball and if the cylinder is as per the earliest 34s i.e. "short tube".
    I wonder if its the earliest T05 unit??

Poor light in my hoose so the pictures will have to wait, men. Definitely not T05, Dave. Rifle pre-dates that trigger by a long way. Three ball in there but rifle not stamped T01 as is my '88 34 with that trigger. Both rifles have the twin screws just forward of the trigger.
    Its not a heavy piece and is quite slim. Easy reach to trigger. Very easy and smooth to cock but rifle feels otherwise tight and i dont believe it has seen much use. Not put a pellet through it yet but looking forward to that. It will need a foresight element put in or a scope mounted before it can be used properly. It wears an 045 type rear sight as opposed to the plastic job of the 34 of similar era.

I have a.22 Diana 38 dated 08 88.
    Stock a bit like the 45.

Good used condition easy to cock, nice trigger and accurate with its open sights.
    So a pleasure to shoot.

Not seen the early model.

I've never seen a 38, but see 35,s regularly?
    I've got two 35,s here at present, hideous stocks, brown though instead of the awful orange colour on my 45

The 34 range is vague at best what with the short cylinder then the longer one & all the various stocks, sights,barrel length & triggers so it is no surprise the 38 is just as bad.
    The 38 was the top of the range 34 in 1986 & it was listed as "also available with special Beech stock" though this would make it a 36.

So perhaps its one of these since the manufactured date is close to the 1986 sales date.