Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breech seals ... wouldn't it be nice

Its the sort of thing that you need to find or make an oring sindicate... Buy 200 between 10 people and each have 20
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Its the sort of thing that you need to find or make an oring sindicate... Buy 200 between 10 people and each have 20
    Good idea. I seem to remember that when I needed rings for a TX200 / TX200SR I bought 'in bulk' .. maybe 50? then sold them on here or at the local club at cost. I did have to charge postage though which put the price up a bit but still cheaper than buying elsewhere when you consider that a 'airgun spares supplier' of one or two rings would also charge postage.
    I guess that a drawback is finding enough people who want what you have. For the rings I mention, I never did sell enough rings to recover costs but since then I have used them elsewhere and given some away.
    Cheers, Phil

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Good idea. I seem to remember that when I needed rings for a TX200 / TX200SR I bought 'in bulk' .. maybe 50? then sold them on here or at the local club at cost. I did have to charge postage though which put the price up a bit but still cheaper than buying elsewhere when you consider that a 'airgun spares supplier' of one or two rings would also charge postage.
    I guess that a drawback is finding enough people who want what you have. For the rings I mention, I never did sell enough rings to recover costs but since then I have used them elsewhere and given some away.
    Cheers, Phil
    The problem I've found from a lot of these suppliers is they charge an absolute fortune for sending small parts, I recently bought a new Theoben piston seal which I was charged £3.95 postage but turned up in a white envelope with a large letter stamp on it, couldn't have cost more than £2 to send (including the cost of the envelope), I've also bought parts in the past from a well known gun shop and was charged £5.95 postage to send a trigger blade, that didn't even cost a third of the price to send.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

As I have needed to reseal an S410 I have added the O rings to my post 'O ring database'. I trust the info is accurate.
    One slight discrepancy I noted was the seal that seals the pressure gauge to the mount. Ours is an older 410 with the old filler valve i.e. pre the T bar one. The gauge seal on ours is more like a flat rubber washer yet the parts list suggest a BS011. Even when squashed during fitting, this is not going to become the same as our original.
    I wonder why? Mind you AA produce a video showing how to remove the gauge with a 22mm socket. That socket is too big for our gauge which could be 21mm (20mm is too small) or its imperial equivalent. I had neither so used an adjustable spanner. I have not quite finished the rebuild as I need a new bolt to hold the gauge mount on.
    Cheers, Phil