Thread: Valution wanted on a Brindles Sentinel Rear Sight.

Valution wanted on a Brindles Sentinel Rear Sight.

I've got a Brindles Sentinel Rear Sight that I want to sell, but I don't have any idea as to it's value (or usefulness to anyone else), hence my posting. It's been lying around for while and needs a bit of a clean up, but otherwise TBMK it's functional and ready for use following this. It appears to locate onto grooves on the side of the action of a Centre Fire Rifle and then held tightly in place by a Knurled Wheel which runs down a locating Stud (neither present with this item and I've assumed that they are kept on the Host Rifle).

Is it saleable, and if so, for how much ? If it helps in deciding value, I can provide images to someome who can host them for me but can't do so myself.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

From the description of the mounting grooves, if it's an old-ish sight it sounds like a variation of a Central Sight. Centrals are popular with Lee-Enfield shooters. Copies of them, such as A.E. Clarke, typically go for £30-£60 at auction, probably not that much without a mount.

The RPA Trakker is a modern sight which I think utilises the same mount.

thanks very much for the info, much appreciated.

Vic Thompson.

email the images to me Vic and I'll put them up.....Might even buy it from you..
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

E Mail sent to vbull as PM Box full.

Vic Thompson.