Thread: Titan no12 spring specs?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Titan no12 spring specs?

Hi all,

Has anyone got a Titan no12 spring they can measure for me please, I've just received a no12 spring but the Titan spec list shows different measurements than the spring that's been supplied, just want to make sure the spec list isn't wrong.

Can anyone help please.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Could I trouble you for the dimensions of the spring that you have received as I have been put of purchasing due to differing data that I have read. YF waisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    Could I trouble you for the dimensions of the spring that you have received as I have been put of purchasing due to differing data that I have read. YF waisted.
    I've just spoken to the gunsmith who I got the spring from and apparently the Titan spring data list has changed and the no12 spring isn't the same measurements (so I've found out) than what it says on the list.

The measurements of the spring I've received is as follows,

Length 305mm
    ID 12.7
    OD 18.7
    Coils 34
    Wire 3

Not sure why they've changed them, if they have and I'm just being fobbed off.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks for that Pete, those dimensions differ to the two sets of dimensions that I have read lately.

Thanks for that Pete, those dimensions differ to the two sets of dimensions that I have read lately.
    Very true, according to the Titan list I've been following, a no12 spring should be 410mm long, ID 15.6, OD 22.8, wire 3.65, coils 41, the gunsmith said it is now closest to a no11 but longer, I think I'm going to have to get a no14 for my project but he said that is massive and defo for a FAC rifle.

Pete

The dimensions that I have for the number 12 are od 18.9 id 12.6 2.9 36 295, the data that I have for the no 14 is 22.7 15.4 4.12 37 356, that's a big spring.

The dimensions that I have for the number 12 are od 18.9 id 12.6 2.9 36 295, the data that I have for the no 14 is 22.7 15.4 4.12 37 356, that's a big spring.
    I've just talked to the guy I got my no12 spring from and he has just measured a no14 spring for me and it goes as follows O.D 22.7mm I.D15.4mm Wire 3.60mm 37 coils length 358mm, he said the list says the wire is 4.12 but it's defo 3.6.

Pete