Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venom Arms - History - Dates.

Venom History

Bump for an update. Mach 1.5

Sad times, Paul.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Venom History

New dates added. Mach 1.5

Just thinking out loud..

Everyone misses Venom - their design, engineering excellence and quality of workmanship. I hear it all the time.

With full respect, and without copying or plagiarism, does no one have the skillset to at least equal, or even take it to the next level? We harp on about Theoben quality and the deep blueing etc etc and what Venom did.

There is already a benchmark of what could be. There is no point talking about what has been - just do it! Surely with modern CNC etc which can cut to the tolerance of a thou', the quality of 30 years ago remains unchallenged??

These names remains legendary - to be talked up to God-like status for speculative investments.

In fact, it can be made for the benefit of the shooting community but no one even tries. I don't get it !

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Up View Post
    I think you are doing people like Nick Simmons, Geoff Bullock, Tony Leach, Nick G, Paul Short, Paul Cheek and others a disservice there.

Venom and Airmasters were the first and the pioneers so they will always be held in high regard. They produced quality work and the name still carries kudos.

The guys mentioned above are producing stuff equal and in some cases surpassing the old guard in my opinion. That's not to mention the umpteen shed tuners who do work for themselves.

To say no one is doing work equal to Venom is nonsense.

I agree with this, the modern tunes are more innovative and the parts can be very good quality. The thing about Venom and Airmasters was that they made well tuned, wonderful looking complete guns with nice stocks. Very few of the modern tuners create an entire gun, it's generally kits of parts. At their time Venom and Airmasters were the best performing full power rifles available and were something totally new. There are spring gun fans out there now, but the availability of PCPs means that top level accessible performance can be easier to find elsewhere.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Venom History

This isn't a who's best thread / post just a time line for the company. Mach 1.5

Venom History

Bump. Mach 1.5

Great information Paul, will really help those lucky enough to own a Venom with the provenance of their rifle.

Venom

Bump. As I've just heard the old Venomac building on mucklow hill is to be pulled down to make way for an Asda. Mach 1.5

Sad news, Paul. I suppose it's how things go, though.

Do you know if the building at the Gun Barrel Industrial Estate at Cradley Heath is still there?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Venom

Hi Tony. Yes I do believe the shop at the gun barrel works is still there. As what? I'm not sure. Mach 1.5