Thread: Theoben rapid 7 barrel

Theoben rapid 7 barrel

Ive seen some posts over the net where some barrels have been cut from breach side and machined again, Sometimes causing the pellet to need that extra push with the bolt/probe as it enters the barrels rifling, It does not seem to make any difference on accuracy and some just try different pellets, Just to ask could the barrel be lightly grinder so the pellet will enter a bit easier or would it be best left alone,

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    if done right it should make no difference to pellet friction on entering the barrel.
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    if done right it should make no difference to pellet friction on entering the barrel.
    kevG
    Thanks for reply, If a barrel was cut from the breach would it need to be worked on inside for a easy pellet entry,

I'd expect there to be a very slight chamfer/taper to the breach to aid pellet entry.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'd expect there to be a very slight chamfer/taper to the breach to aid pellet entry.
    Thanks for that, I'm in a position to purchase a barrel from a friend but the pellet seems to wipe it's feet a little when being loaded, In all fairness it really accurate , The AA pellets are not to bad , The bisley need a little extra push, Just looked up on Google and came across quite a few asking the same questions, Maybe they are different barrels which may be making the difference,

Saying that the rabbit magnums are bloody terrible for loading, The gun can just about push them through the barrel

Well they're designed for FAC power

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    A small lead in would probably be helpful and also making sure there is no swarf hanging down from the port hole to damage the pellet.
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well they're designed for FAC power
    Yes bud I know, I just wondered what it woukd be like through the skan, Being so heavy I thought I'd like yo see the readings, Believe it or not , 4ftlbs , But as you said they are really for fac rated guns,

Quote Originally Posted by rgc_swanseaARC View Post
    A small lead in would probably be helpful and also making sure there is no swarf hanging down from the port hole to damage the pellet.
    Cheers buddy