Thread: No more new Diana's for me !

Barryg is online now Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

No more new Diana's for me !

I don't think that I will be buying any more new Diana's from the new factory, I have had some concerns the last few years about the quality and of course the piston rod and trigger hook problems as well as things like the hinge pin breaking on the underlevers, but after seeing bighits link

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...na&prev=search

has turned me off of Diana's from the new factory and although still a bit of a fan of the old factory Diana's It's not the same anymore

I now only have only one Diana that I will be keeping as it was made in the old factory and I can't fault it( not Yet anyway lol )

Maybe things might change but Im not holding my breath

Any more Diana fans feel the same?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I for one will miss these threads!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Is yes Fabrice, and as I said it not only Chinese, but now Bulgaria!

For example Diana, since it closed their factory in Rastatt, the production of AC and made in Ense at GSG, (German Sport Guns GmbH) a wholesaler, still in Germany is.
    http://www.german-sport-guns.de/shop.php

But what you need to know is that part of the components of AC Diana are manufactured in GABINVEST, (since 2015) a factory located in Bulgaria , of course, as assembly and packaging are always done in Germany, they can put the words "Made in Germany".
    https://translate.google.com/transla...s%2Fhistory%2F

In addition we know that some reference Diana as the 21 are produced in Asia, they even appear that their new model 250, would be produced there, (to check anyway)
    But given the sale price, it does not me would not surprise !!!!!!
    https://www.kotte-zeller.de/Diana-25...-shop&pi=91174

and a reply

"Yes especially regarding the Diana, if you want a real "deutsch qualitate" no choice you have to buy an old model! Wink"

http://gun-air-ac.frenchboard.com/t4...onc-on-languit
    Last edited by bighit; 20-03-2018 at 11:58 PM.

They always looked a little Chinese made to me, when compared to AA or HW. Now some really are.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    He's seen the light

(but you are right, the older guns were decent - I was enlightened by Mr Geezer when he kindly let me shoot some of his proper Diana's from yesteryear)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I don't think that I will be buying any more new Diana's from the new factory, I have had some concerns the last few years about the quality and of course the piston rod and trigger hook problems as well as things like the hinge pin breaking on the underlevers.

Any more Diana fans feel the same?

There's more ?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    There's more ?
    Hahaha!

Well as maybe are quite a few people, I am a fan - of the older stuff. As far as I am concerned, Diana's steep quality decline started in the early 1990's - hardly a recent phenomenon. The early sidelevers (48-54) were OK, but it is these same models that very shortly after led the way - downhill.

Everything else after that is really just a huge black hole for me, may as well not even exist.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Hahaha!

Well as maybe are quite a few people, I am a fan - of the older stuff. As far as I am concerned, Diana's steep quality decline started in the early 1990's - hardly a recent phenomenon. The early sidelevers (48-54) were OK, but it is these same models that very shortly after led the way - downhill.

Everything else after that is really just a huge black hole for me, may as well not even exist.
    I can only speak from my personal experience and these two are of the highest quality, one is from the mid 1990's and the other is from 2008 soon after that I did notice the wood changing amongst other things.

A lot of Audi etc engines and components are produced in Eastern Europe & China: doesn't mean they're shite. If the materials and engineering budget is respectable, there's no reason for them to produce crap. Whether it is or not remains to be seen in my book.

I don't know how many Diana's I've got but it's a lot. Probably over 20. Most of them are older (just interest me more) but I am happy with the more recent ones, also. Until experience dictates otherwise, I'll probably still buy any new one that I like the look of.

Yes, the older ones are of higher quality but you can say the same for many, many things these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    A lot of Audi etc engines and components are produced in Eastern Europe & China: doesn't mean they're shite. If the materials and engineering budget is respectable, there's no reason for them to produce crap. Whether it is or not remains to be seen in my book.

I don't know how many Diana's I've got but it's a lot. Probably over 20. Most of them are older (just interest me more) but I am happy with the more recent ones, also. Until experience dictates otherwise, I'll probably still buy any new one that I like the look of.

Yes, the older ones are of higher quality but you can say the same for many, many things these days.
    I don't think anyone is saying that all Chinese and Bulgarian products are not quality but we pay a premium for German engineering and Diana boast this on their boxes so I expect German engineering

I bought a 280 recently which was of truly dreadful quality, worst gun I've owned. It went straight back and I will never buy another.

I don't think anyone is saying that all Chinese and Bulgarian products are not quality but we pay a premium for German engineering and Diana boast this on their boxes so I expect German engineering
    They could be assembled in Germany so they could keep the made in Germany label. Should be Assembled in Germany in that case .

I can see the frustration with these faults on modern guns but as has been pointed out this is not unique to Diana. I simply know that it would be a totally flat experience opening a carton to a brand new HW these days whereas the hand cut checkering of my first 80 delighted me. There are a number.of attested HW common faults as we all know.
    I think as a general thing there is such pressure on.manufacturers these days to knock out products on masse and keep overheads n unit costs down that quality suffers. I take my hat off to those manufacturers who wont compromise quality for profits.
    I'll certainly keep.buying Diana and I've still a list left of modern examples as well as older classics that I want to get my.paws.on.
    Dave

I can only speak from my personal experience and these two are of the highest quality, one is from the mid 1990's and the other is from 2008 soon after that I did notice the wood changing amongst other things.

I am OK with the 1990's one... got one of those...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Rws

I only own older RWS rifles but do own a couple newer pistols(Umarex) which seem to be well put together and shoot nicely. I don't know about the German engineering or lack there of but it seems in most reviews on RWS' newer rifles, the biggest complaint is quality control. No matter where the parts are manufactured, quality control by a well renowned German manufacturer should still be top notch while paying premium prices. In these days where parts are being outsourced to cut costs, you would think an even stricter emphasis be put into quality control. I will continue buying vintage guns as they were made in a day, where German engineering stood for something