Thread: ACZ Stock on AAS400 kick

ACZ Stock on AAS400 kick

Does anyone know how to stop an S400 in an ACZ stock from kicking to the right when firing?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mate, it shouldn't really but a bit more info is needed.

Is the rifle FAC?
    Do you have an air stripper fitted?
    Is a silencer fitted?

Is there a cast to the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    Web site says- fully adjustable, length of pull, BUTT ANGLE, and cheek piece height. Rog

Is your pressure gauge lined up perfectly so it’s not touching against the sides of the cut out in the stock? They don’t leave much room to play with if your gauge is slightly offset.
    Shoot long range = Live till old age

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Hi Mate, it shouldn't really but a bit more info is needed.

Is the rifle FAC?
    Do you have an air stripper fitted?
    Is a silencer fitted?
    Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Not FAC, Approx 11.3 No Stripper, Yes Qtec Silencer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilogrt View Post
    Is your pressure gauge lined up perfectly so it’s not touching against the sides of the cut out in the stock? They don’t leave much room to play with if your gauge is slightly offset.
    Hi Gilogrt
    It was a tight fit but it all looks lined up. The original AA superlight stock hugged the air chamber snugly but the AZC is like a free floating chamber!! The shock really only connects to the action where the screw fits. There seems to be more of a slight kick in the ACZ that has enough force to move from the aim point after squeezing the trigger, but not as strong as a springer. I am trying to tame the kick by keeping it tight to my shoulder when shooting. I heard somewhere that you can put padding / or something between the stock and the air cylinder to stop the kick, could this sort it? It is a timely exercise if it doesn't work!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    Hi Copper, what do you mean by cast?

Quote Originally Posted by KJMCMENA View Post
    Hi Copper, what do you mean by cast?
    Cast, refers to the degree to which the stock is bent out of straight in relation to the barrel. Rog

Quote Originally Posted by KJMCMENA View Post
    Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Not FAC, Approx 11.3 No Stripper, Yes Qtec Silencer
    Thanks
    Thanks Mate...in all honesty the firing cycle of the S400 series has never been harsh and the Qtech would help. I'm assuming that all was good when it was in the original stock but has changed since you've put the action into the ACZ? If that's the case then there's a problem with either the manufacture of the ACZ or that the action isn't secure enough. Have you contaced ACZ to find out if they've had any feedback with similar problems?

I'd be tempted to try some form of packing between the action and the stock to see if it makes a difference, also maybe remove the Qtech as it could be clipping and that's what you're feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Thanks Mate...in all honesty the firing cycle of the S400 series has never been harsh and the Qtech would help. I'm assuming that all was good when it was in the original stock but has changed since you've put the action into the ACZ? If that's the case then there's a problem with either the manufacture of the ACZ or that the action isn't secure enough. Have you contaced ACZ to find out if they've had any feedback with similar problems?

I'd be tempted to try some form of packing between the action and the stock to see if it makes a difference, also maybe remove the Qtech as it could be clipping and that's what you're feeling.
    Got to agree with the above, seems the new stock doesn't fit right to deaden any kick and some skew to throw the pellets right. When I did work on my 400 recently I did a lot of chrono testing with no stock fitted as it was easier, I was surprised at the kick, could feel and see the muzzle flip, when it went back in the stock couldn't feel a thing, deader than a dead thing.