Thread: Air Arms Photos Wanted

Air Arms Photos Wanted

Good morning all.

I've not been posting as much over the last few months as I have been working on a project that has taken up a lot of time.

Having struggled to find as much info as I wanted on Air Arms rifles I decided I would create a site for my eventual findings to make it easier for other anoraks to find all info in one place.

I've written articles on the Air Arms history and all the rifles from the Shamal to the S310 and will now be moving on to the post 2000 rifles. I also have old ads, reviews, articles & manuals.

What I am missing is plenty of photos of some nice examples of the rifles so it would be great if you could post up you photos and in doing so agree I can use them on the site - which I expect to go live with in 2-3 weeks.

I'll post my article on the Shamal later as a taster of what I have been up to!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I wish you every success with your venture. I take it you are limiting yourself to the pcps? It would be wonderful to have a definitive text on all the AA rifles, including the forerunner of AA/NSP (?) and the spring offerings. Something along the lines of the Webley book.
    My first pcp was an SM100, bought new just for plinking, with silencer. I kept it for maybe 2 years then sold it for various reasons including a neighbour shouting '***** off to Bosnia' at me through the fence (the fence was 6ft high and extended 40 yards down the garden) and the fact that getting my bottle filled was a hassle as there were no places in Cambridge area in those days ... nearest was Newmarket. But a lovely rifle and maybe I now regret selling it.
    Cheers and, once again, good luck.
    I look forward to your future offerings.
    Cheers, Phil

Hi Phil & thanks for the kind words.

I will be covering the lot in time - I've already got all the info for everything from the NSP/Air Arms side levers up to the S310.

All the articles on the post 2000 PCP's are ready.

Next I will be on to the TX's, Pro Sport & Pro Elite.

I am leaving the side levers till last as Mike at Jackals-lair has got some good info up on these.

Looking forward to this as I'm currently considering purchasing a Shamal and/or an NJR 100. Unfortunately I won't have any pictures of either for a few weeks

Both excellent rifles Dan - especially the NJR.

Not really information, just out of interest: several years ago I bought what was advertised as an Air Arms Chameleon at auction, very cheap, well not too dear. It was clearly based on an AA 100 action but covered in camo tape. On full inspection at home it was considerably ott so I proceeded to open it up. (remember that the SM100 etc came with a manual that told you how to adjust power level?). I found the rifle had been 'carbined' quite competently by lopping a couple of inches off the cylinder and welding the end back on i.e. there was no removable end plug although the filler valve unscrewed as normal. The main valve failed a short while later ... it had broken in the past and been fixed with araldite. I tried several times to make a new valve head but could not get it to hold air for more than a month despite new seals everywhere. I eventually sold it to an 'enthusiast' who wanted it despite the issues. I recall it had a competition trigger as well.
    Ah, memories
    Cheers, Phil

Airmasters did a "Compac88" carbine version of the 100 rifle so maybe that was what you had - along with one of their trigger upgrades. Link Arms/Nick Jenkinson also worked on them but not sure if he did a carbine version.

I have a few AA rifles if you need pictures. MK1 TX, MK1 sr, Pro Elite, RN10, B&M bullpup TX and NJR100.

Wish I had enough time to shoot
    them a bit more. Looking forward to reading your information.
    Keen but clueless..

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1963 View Post
    I have a few AA rifles if you need pictures. MK1 TX, MK1 sr, Pro Elite, RN10, B&M bullpup TX and NJR100.

Wish I had enough time to shoot
    them a bit more. Looking forward to reading your information.
    That would be great mate. I'll PM you my email address as it can be difficult putting them up on here.

Air Arms 410 TDR

Hi, i have my 410 TDR that has been dipped by Hydro Graphics, York. In Real Tree, it look really nice if you want to use it?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

???

Is the Air Arms Owners wibblywobblyinterweb site that dealt with all things Sussex Armoury and Air Arms (inc. in-depth features, photos, and histories on many models) no longer running, then?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Is the Air Arms Owners wibblywobblyinterweb site that dealt with all things Sussex Armoury and Air Arms (inc. in-depth features, photos, and histories on many models) no longer running, then?
    There's not that much in depth info on the Air Arms Owner's site TBH - Julian does a great j0b with it though and it has a great make over recently. A very much underused site IMO.

Mike at Jackals-Lair has some great info on the Sussex Armoury & Air Arms side levers which is why I leaving them till last.

http://www.jackals-lair.com/aa_models_16.html

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post

There's not that much in depth info on the Air Arms Owner's site TBH - Julian does a great j0b with it though and it has a great make over recently. A very much underused site IMO.

Mike at Jackals-Lair has some great info on the Sussex Armoury & Air Arms side levers which is why I leaving them till last.

http://www.jackals-lair.com/aa_models_16.html
    Cheers for the heads-up on the Jackal site. One of my (then) regular articles in Airgun World around ten years ago was on the history of the AA TX200 (of which I am a massive fan) with photos etc, so some scans and up-loads of that article may suit your endeavours?

When I have a moment I'll dig said edition out so as to get you the page and issue reference numbers for referencing etc, and if I can sort it, will try to knock up some scans for you for your site, too, if you like? No drama if you don't, but the offer is there, so just let me know by p-m.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.