Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Nice write up Steve. I had a Shamal when i was going through my period of spending daft amounts of cash on unusual air rifles/pistols. IIRC the Khamsin was my first 'pucker' air rifle but i've checked and have photo's of neither.
Cheers Chris. I think we all have those periods.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
great article,thanks for taking the time to write it,learnt quite a bit from it.i own a target stocked shamal which i use for vermin destuction,its a heavy old beast but very accurate.the serial no is 00013, does that make it an early one?,cheers greasemonkey..
It is an older on mate - Manufactured on the 11/02/1988 and is down as having a left hand stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
A Shamal was my first PCP air gun (Which I bought off you Steve not too long ago). My Grandfather has a nice .22 S400 classic. Which got me into airguns many years ago.

So far I think it is great! I put the scope off my Park RH93 onto it and I was amazed by the accuracy (I was using a cheap tin of .177 BSA Elites).

It is a bit heavier than what I am used to with the scope on, though not as heavy as the Park!

I did find out that it was in a Tennants auction back in 2011/2012. It did not sell but what it did have was a brass prototype magazine made by someone in Hull (cant remember the name). I wonder where that got to?

Having used both the Shamal and the S400 I would say the S400 is the better of the two, but with it being Air Arms first PCP, they sure as hell did a good job!
Pleased to hear you are enjoying it. It did sell in the auction but the magazine system, made by John Walker, didn't work well and it was returned. He did another one that looks and works great......and is in drawer in my gun room.