Thread: Victory CP2 pellet seating problem....

Victory CP2 pellet seating problem....

Do any other CP2 users experience difficulty with seating pellets in the barrel (.22)? I'm really having to use a lot of force against the bolt, most of the time from the rear as I can't get enough 'pressure' to seat the pellets using the bolt handle. Can't really see what the problem is, as the barrel indents are aligned with the 3 breech screws.....

o ring

have you tried both barrels -- check the little o ring on the barrel breach end they stick in the gun and you get both in there and it causes the tight fit -- common problem --

Ah, right.....thanks for that suggestion.

Only recently got the gun and in point of fact, that little o ring is missing from the pistol length barrel, but present in the rifle one that is installed at the moment. I'll try and check if that missing one is 'stuck' at the breech end. Hopefully that will be the reason.

Well I spent a while checking things over yesterday, initially without finding the cause of the problem and no errant breech seal rings. I even tried fitting the barrel without the breech 'o' ring and I still couldn't get the pellet to seat without an undue amount of force.....

I then had a look at the breech end of both barrels and noticed that the bore of the rifle length one looked smaller than the pistol one. Strange...? Closer inspection revealed that there was a comparatively large amount of what looked like swarfe just beneath the small area of machining, that appeared to be reducing the diameter. I hooked it out and also noticed that the bore's machined rim looked rather rough around the edges, so took a diamond coated needle file to it and gently smoothed them.

After making sure that no debris remained in the barrel, I assembled it again and tried to load a pellet. Wow! Went in with little effort and flushed with relief and success, then tried the 7 shot magazine, which had been absolutely impossible to use before. Now it was fine and indexed & loaded perfectly!

Hopefully, that is now 'problem solved' and I can start enjoying using the gun without hurting my fingers with the previous effort required to load a pellet, plus I can now use the magazines when I want to!