Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do people generally read the Wanted adverts ??

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post

I've used it and had a great response.
    Me too, many MANY times ... Maybe you and I have just enjoyed the positive carma of us both being Chelmsfordians?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

No I can’t see it but might if I could!

Yes every time I use the forum, I'm in the process of selling a huge selection of spares mainly W & S , but some other makes also. So I find this section most useful and have managed to provide spares not available from anywhere else and at reasonable cost, so win win situation.
    abellringer

Posted a wanted for a xs78 stock, managed to sort two thanks James and bbs. It's a great service

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    It depends. Generally if you want a Weihrauch part, you will get a favourable response but if you ask for a Theoben gasram, you've more chance of a "fragment of Pluto" !
    (Cartoon dog or the planet !)
    “An airgun or two”………

I do look through as I may have something that can help someone

I've helped a couple of people with small items
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Aa410k View Post
    No I can’t see it but might if I could!

Its here http://www.airgunbbs.com/forumdispla...9-Wanted-Swaps

Unless your barred from the sales section. If its because you have not long joined then ask a moderator to grant you access .

Not a very specific reply to the original poster : why would anyone generally want to search through and then respond to a "Wanted Listing" as IMHO this type of ad doesn't give any indication of budget or degree of originality when glibly stating "item A required, if selling, contact person B".

It could be a waste of time towards selling anything, whilst posting a "For Sale" Thread describing your own item elicits specific responses geared up around the listing in question.

JMHO,

Vic Thompson
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 25-03-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Not a very specific reply to the original poster : why would anyone generally want to search through and then respond to a "Wanted Listing" as IMHO this type of ad doesn't give any indication of budget or degree of originality when glibly stating "item A required, if selling, contact person B".

It could be a waste of time towards selling anything, whilst posting a "For Sale" Thread describing your own item elicits specific responses geared up around the listing in question.

JMHO,

Vic Thompson
    Sometimes people will have a look through the wanted section and see something they have that some one wants.They may not have thought about selling it before as they thought no one would be looking for one .

Like a front sight for a crosman 2250. most people would be taking them off to fit a moderator and if some one buys one that came with a moderator and wants to put a front sight on. The people that have them might not think it would sell so they dont put an ad up. But they may see a wanted ad for one .