Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people generally read the Wanted adverts ??

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Would work far better if Wanted and Sales were in the same place. Let's face it when you need to sell you go to the Sales section to list, rather than trawl through Wanted on the off-chance someone is looking and has advertised.
    Nah, I don't think we need 'Wanted' ads mixed up in the 'For Sale' section. In a slower section, maybe, but our 'Sales' is a fast-moving section, and why would you want to trawl past (possibly confusingly listed) 'Wanted' ads, if you were looking to buy something?

If you were needing to sell something, after you'd listed it in 'Sales', it wouldn't be a bad idea to check in case somebody is after the very thing in 'Swaps and Wants'.

No, 'Swaps and Wants' is a good section. The threads might not always seem to get lots of replies (some replies we don't see of course, made via PM or email), but the threads do get plenty of views...
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 22-03-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Clarity

I used it myself very recently and Tinbum came to my rescue.
    Also on the AGF someone placed a Wanted ad for a Combro, and as I'd just bought a Skan, it saved me posting a For Sale ad.

A useful part of the forum when I'm stuck for something to finish off a project,which is most of the time.does the job.

Ive used it and had plenty of responses.
    There have been a few occasions when I have been advertising wanting something then the same item has popped up in sales and I've actually missed it.
    Perhaps a note in the sales section reminding sellers to take a look in the wanteds would yield more results.
    B.A.S.C. member

I've used it and had a great response.

I look at it regularly and have bought and sold a few items through it, so, on occasion, I find the 'Wanted' section useful.

I have found it very useful, and it was the op who came to my rescue along with some great advice. I think it's a great idea having it separate, on another forum I use they have the sales and wanted all in together and it can be frustrating sifting through the wanted ads especially when threads are not titled "wanted".
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    I have found it very useful, and it was the op who came to my rescue along with some great advice. I think it's a great idea having it separate, on another forum I use they have the sales and wanted all in together and it can be frustrating sifting through the wanted ads especially when threads are not titled "wanted".
    Its funny when you see "for sale " or "wanted" if the Ad is in the sales or wanted section. .yes we know its " wanted" or "for sale " as that why we are looking in that section .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Its funny when you see "for sale " or "wanted" if the Ad is in the sales or wanted section. .yes we know its " wanted" or "for sale " as that why we are looking in that section .
    But it's not so funny when the title is only 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' - that deserves an automatic one week ban
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 22-03-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    We have a wanted section?!
    Master Debater

Well yes in the sales section - but in the 'wants and swaps' section it could be wanted or up for a swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Well yes in the sales section - but in the 'wants and swaps' section it could be wanted or up for a swap?
    yes.My point was the header " for sale " or Wanted" but you have to open the thread to see what they are looking for . Yes it's only a mouse click but putting what you want in the header saves people opening a thread .

why put "For sale " when you could put " Hw100 .22 " in the header? . If I was not looking for a "HW100" I would not open it .

You could put "swap HW100" or "wanted HW100" not just "swap" or "wanted" in the swap or wanted section .

You can hover your mouse over the post and it will show what the thread says on a computer but not a a phone ( not on mine anyway)

yes.My point was the header " for sale " or Wanted" but you have to open the thread to see what they are looking for . Yes it's only a mouse click but putting what you want in the header saves people opening a thread .

why put "For sale " when you could put " Hw100 .22 " in the header? . If I was not looking for a "HW100" I would not open it .

You could put "swap HW100" or "wanted HW100" not just "swap" or "wanted" in the swap or wanted section .

You can hover your mouse over the post and it will show what the thread says on a computer but not a a phone ( not on mine anyway)
    Yep, I see what you mean, Paul.

So are you saying you've got a HW100 and want to swap it for something? Or the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Yep, I see what you mean, Paul.

So are you saying you've got a HW100 and want to swap it for something? Or the other way around?
    No .I want to buy one but it's in the wrong section.They put it in the knitting section under patterns for sale.

I dont want to buy anything

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I do look on a fairly regular basis but have never made a transaction either way. It probably gets viewed more than ‘Intrductions and Welcomes’ though
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22