Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people generally read the Wanted adverts ??

Do people generally read the Wanted adverts ??

Just curious ..
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    No, used to on the other forum but generally found it to be a time wasting exercise.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Sometimes .when I was thinking of getting rid of my shotgun I had a look and I have a look once a week.

It's worked for me occasionally over the years, but most of the time, zero response.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I sometimes look out of interest in case I have something someone needs. I have posted a 'wanted' ad a few times but generally speaking had no response, presumably because no one has got what I want. But occasionally I have hit the target ...
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I sometimes look out of interest in case I have something someone needs. I have posted a 'wanted' ad a few times but generally speaking had no response, presumably because no one has got what I want. But occasionally I have hit the target ...
    Cheers, Phil
    Ditto! Sold a few items in response to wanted threads, not bought so many (few responses). They can be useful when folk respond with alternate options/sources for items wanted.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Would work far better if Wanted and Sales were in the same place. Let's face it when you need to sell you go to the Sales section to list, rather than trawl through Wanted on the off-chance someone is looking and has advertised.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I check them regularly and post in them if there's something I want. It works well for me.

Unfortunately no one currently wants a Steyr H5, PH Dragon Sporter or Drulov Eagle rifle!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I do, and it worked a treat for me the other day when someone read my add when I needed a trigger guard.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I check them regularly and post in them if there's something I want. It works well for me.

Unfortunately no one currently wants a Steyr H5, PH Dragon Sporter or Drulov Eagle rifle!
    I'll have the rusty barrel of the end of one of them for a fiver
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I'll have the rusty barrel of the end of one of them for a fiver
    Oh yeah, sorry saw a frog and forgot! No I don't, maybe send them a drinking straw and say its of a S410?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oh yeah, sorry saw a frog and forgot! No I don't, maybe send them a drinking straw and say its of a S410?
    Thought of that could be a curly one & I'll say it's bent beyond repair!!, or someone else suggested a thin metallic pipe and tell them I'd shot the rifling out of it
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I've sold to folk wanting and have various success when I've needed something, so Can't complain.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I've had some useful deals and help from there before...some better than others (e.g. still looking for a nice Crosman 2100 )

Read them most days in case someone's after something I've got but no longer use.

I've offered a few bit's, and 1 or 2 people have even had the courtesy to reply but most don't bother.