Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R10 low on power..., what's it worth??

R10 low on power..., what's it worth??

Its a .22 mk2 in great condition but has this low power problem. Anyway I've decided I want to sell it & I'm not sure I can be bothered to fix it so what's it worth? I paid (maybe a bit much) £530 I think. I recon it could just do with a human reg in it which is £100 so is £430 a good asking price?
    Thanks all
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

There's a chap who lives not far from Quigley Hollow who could fix it for you Rhys if that helps.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    There's a chap who lives not far from Quigley Hollow who could fix it for you Rhys if that helps.

All the best Mick
    It may help mick but I think I'm going to sell it anyway, so I guess its all on money... I've not attempted to fix it myself yet because I wanted to buy a new regulator as part of trying to fix it. So I thought I'd just sell it for less & save the hassle..

Thanks for the tip though...
    Could you PM me who it is please

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Its a .22 mk2 in great condition but has this low power problem. Anyway I've decided I want to sell it & I'm not sure I can be bothered to fix it so what's it worth? I paid (maybe a bit much) £530 I think. I recon it could just do with a human reg in it which is £100 so is £430 a good asking price?
    Thanks all
    Rhys
    I dont think uve paid that much over the top tbh, as most of the standard mk2's ive seen go for about £500 anyway, you could always could give JB a call and maybe buy a cheap standard reg off him (he may even send u a freebee?) as he bins them after his tune up anyway? then get the xtx air adjustment bits to bring the ft lbs back to what it should be, then sell it on with a bit more confidence? Or send it to JB for a blueprint tune (£200ish), but you probably wouldn't want to sell it afterwards! good luck
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    I dont think uve paid that much over the top tbh, as most of the standard mk2's ive seen go for about £500 anyway, you could always could give JB a call and maybe buy a cheap standard reg off him (he may even send u a freebee?) as he bins them after his tune up anyway? then get the xtx air adjustment bits to bring the ft lbs back to what it should be, then sell it on with a bit more confidence? Or send it to JB for a blueprint tune (£200ish), but you would probably wouldn't want to sell it afterwards! good luck
    Mmm... Not a bad idea but not sure he would be up for sending me one as it's not really helping his business... Gotta be worth a try though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Rhys

Mmm... Not a bad idea but not sure he would be up for sending me one as it's not really helping his business... Gotta be worth a try though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Rhys
    I dont reckon he would charge u much tbh for a standard reg laying around though? and the xtx bits are peanuts as well. Just a idea? When u got it was it accurate?
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods

I dont reckon he would charge u much tbh for a standard reg laying around though? and the xtx bits are peanuts as well. Just a idea? When u got it was it accurate?
    Yes it was deadly, but this whole sinario is embroiled in a move for me to try & go .20 calibre and just have one pcp because really I'm into springers., now, I was going to sell my huntsman, then fix this one with some of the cash, then sell it and buy an hw100, but I then it didn't sell & had a go at servicing it, re-scoping it & found how much I loved it. Then I had the idea of changing the huntsman's calibre and got a price for the parts & the cost & hassle is less than the hw100 idea. Soooooo.... On to selling the BSA. If I spend any money or time on it IL be out of pocket there when I could just sell it cheaper to the right fixer upper & we are both on a winner so... What's it worth do you think or what (if you wanted one) would you pay?
    Thanks
    Rhys

Yes it was deadly, but this whole sinario is embroiled in a move for me to try & go .20 calibre and just have one pcp because really I'm into springers., now, I was going to sell my huntsman, then fix this one with some of the cash, then sell it and buy an hw100, but I then it didn't sell & had a go at servicing it, re-scoping it & found how much I loved it. Then I had the idea of changing the huntsman's calibre and got a price for the parts & the cost & hassle is less than the hw100 idea. Soooooo.... On to selling the BSA. If I spend any money or time on it IL be out of pocket there when I could just sell it cheaper to the right fixer upper & we are both on a winner so... What's it worth do you think or what (if you wanted one) would you pay?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    If i were to be looking at a r10mk2 with a failed reg, I don't think I'd go over 350 Rys. There's plenty around on the secondhand market.
    The Huma reg is a home fit but by someone pretty confident in what they're doing. I hope you get sorted mate. If that were mine, I'd fit a reg rather than sell. The r10 is a sweet rifle when working right.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    If i were to be looking at a r10mk2 with a failed reg, I don't think I'd go over 350 Rys. There's plenty around on the secondhand market.
    The Huma reg is a home fit but by someone pretty confident in what they're doing. I hope you get sorted mate. If that were mine, I'd fit a reg rather than sell. The r10 is a sweet rifle when working right.
    Ok... Thanks, never know I might think of something else to sell.
    Rhys

I'd get it fixed if I were you, Rhys.

Folks don't like buying problems, unless they can't resist it at the price - i.e. dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I'd get it fixed if I were you, Rhys.

Folks don't like buying problems, unless they can't resist it at the price - i.e. dirt cheap.
    Nothing is ever simple, your probably right. To be fair I think I'd rather sell it working anyway, just me being impatient!

you could always could give JB a call and maybe buy a cheap standard reg off him
    Quigley Hollow's not far from Mr Bowkett either, Rhys.

If you come here via the M42 ? You pass very close by him.

And no, sorry no scrap barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Quigley Hollow's not far from Mr Bowkett either, Rhys.

If you come here via the M42 ? You pass very close by him.

And no, sorry no scrap barrels.
    Thanks Mick... I'll look into it :-)

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Are you certain you really want to sell it Rhys ?
    I have couple of guns that are playing me up a bit at present and they are both in the queue to be sorted but I wont part with them after.
    As others have said, I'd feel uneasy selling something that wasn't in working order.
    It wasn't too long ago that you were enjoying the air rifle ?

I'd follow up on the links the Guys have recommened on the Thread and get it fettled Mate, then at least you'll have a "tip top" working gun should you still decide to peddle.
    JB would be my choice !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    JB would be my choice !
    Agreed, but that is becuase I know him personally and he's worked on several of my rifles over the years
    Last edited by MartynB; 23-03-2018 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177