Thread: R10 low on power..., what's it worth??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    I dont think uve paid that much over the top tbh, as most of the standard mk2's ive seen go for about £500 anyway, you could always could give JB a call and maybe buy a cheap standard reg off him (he may even send u a freebee?) as he bins them after his tune up anyway? then get the xtx air adjustment bits to bring the ft lbs back to what it should be, then sell it on with a bit more confidence? Or send it to JB for a blueprint tune (£200ish), but you would probably wouldn't want to sell it afterwards! good luck
    Mmm... Not a bad idea but not sure he would be up for sending me one as it's not really helping his business... Gotta be worth a try though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Mmm... Not a bad idea but not sure he would be up for sending me one as it's not really helping his business... Gotta be worth a try though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Rhys
    I dont reckon he would charge u much tbh for a standard reg laying around though? and the xtx bits are peanuts as well. Just a idea? When u got it was it accurate?
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    I dont reckon he would charge u much tbh for a standard reg laying around though? and the xtx bits are peanuts as well. Just a idea? When u got it was it accurate?
    Yes it was deadly, but this whole sinario is embroiled in a move for me to try & go .20 calibre and just have one pcp because really I'm into springers., now, I was going to sell my huntsman, then fix this one with some of the cash, then sell it and buy an hw100, but I then it didn't sell & had a go at servicing it, re-scoping it & found how much I loved it. Then I had the idea of changing the huntsman's calibre and got a price for the parts & the cost & hassle is less than the hw100 idea. Soooooo.... On to selling the BSA. If I spend any money or time on it IL be out of pocket there when I could just sell it cheaper to the right fixer upper & we are both on a winner so... What's it worth do you think or what (if you wanted one) would you pay?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Yes it was deadly, but this whole sinario is embroiled in a move for me to try & go .20 calibre and just have one pcp because really I'm into springers., now, I was going to sell my huntsman, then fix this one with some of the cash, then sell it and buy an hw100, but I then it didn't sell & had a go at servicing it, re-scoping it & found how much I loved it. Then I had the idea of changing the huntsman's calibre and got a price for the parts & the cost & hassle is less than the hw100 idea. Soooooo.... On to selling the BSA. If I spend any money or time on it IL be out of pocket there when I could just sell it cheaper to the right fixer upper & we are both on a winner so... What's it worth do you think or what (if you wanted one) would you pay?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    If i were to be looking at a r10mk2 with a failed reg, I don't think I'd go over 350 Rys. There's plenty around on the secondhand market.
    The Huma reg is a home fit but by someone pretty confident in what they're doing. I hope you get sorted mate. If that were mine, I'd fit a reg rather than sell. The r10 is a sweet rifle when working right.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    If i were to be looking at a r10mk2 with a failed reg, I don't think I'd go over 350 Rys. There's plenty around on the secondhand market.
    The Huma reg is a home fit but by someone pretty confident in what they're doing. I hope you get sorted mate. If that were mine, I'd fit a reg rather than sell. The r10 is a sweet rifle when working right.
    Ok... Thanks, never know I might think of something else to sell.
    Rhys

I'd get it fixed if I were you, Rhys.

Folks don't like buying problems, unless they can't resist it at the price - i.e. dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I'd get it fixed if I were you, Rhys.

Folks don't like buying problems, unless they can't resist it at the price - i.e. dirt cheap.
    Nothing is ever simple, your probably right. To be fair I think I'd rather sell it working anyway, just me being impatient!