Thread: Webley Paradigm Demand?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Paradigm Demand?

Thought I'd look at webleys Facebook page, out of curiosity more than anything......I came across a picture of a bloke holding a webley Paradigm, and this underneath.

Do we look at reviving the Webley Paradigm???
    This project was shelved due to the costings, however is there a demand for it?
    Tell us what you think and what price would you pay for one if made in the UK?

It would have to be easier to cock and lighter than the Air Logic Genesis and the Titan Mohawk to be a success in the market. I thought the Chinese had a go at it and gave up ? If they could come up with a workable design £450-500 ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Well, it seems to me that Webley sullied its reputation by closing down the Birmingham plant and manufacturing in Turkey. To revive the brand, it would need to do some seriously good PR and manufacture in Birmingham (or elsewhere in the UK) again - and that does not merely mean creating an assembly workshop for parts made overseas. It would be most pleasing to see the brand return to the UK again and not merely in part.

As above. I would be interested if it was revived. I shot the one at the Shooting Show when it was in Newark (I think it was the last time there...) with the inventor demonstrating it. Yes, cocking was a knack but I did develop the knack after a few shots and really enjoyed it.
    Cheers, Phil

This thread is a touch old now but I've happened upon it during my wanders through the web.

There would definitely be a demand for the paradigm in todays market, would it overtake spring or PCP? Absolutely not. But the market is crying out for something different, and a modern SSP would fit the bill perfect!! (And find its way into a fair few peoples gun racks I bet )
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    This thread is a touch old now but I've happened upon it during my wanders through the web.

There would definitely be a demand for the paradigm in todays market, would it overtake spring or PCP? Absolutely not. But the market is crying out for something different, and a modern SSP would fit the bill perfect!! (And find its way into a fair few peoples gun racks I bet )
    Yes there would be a demand for it but a very small demand making it NOT commercially viable. An SSP is a very niche market.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)