Thread: Wanted HW77/97 rear stock locating lug and short front trigger guard screw

Wanted HW77/97 rear stock locating lug and short front trigger guard screw

HW77/97 front stock locating lug and short front trigger guard screw
    As above, if anyone has these items knocking about in the spares drawer I'd be glad to buy them.

Thanks
    Last edited by rogb; 11-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Hi Rog.

If you're trying to fit a MK2 or MK3 77 stock, or a 97 stock onto a MK1 77 action, you can simply use a 15mm OD X 7mm ID bush that's 20mm long with your MK1 7mm stock bolt instead of the lug and 6mm screw you're after.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Rog.

If you're trying to fit a MK2 or MK3 77 stock, or a 97 stock onto a MK1 77 action, you can simply use a 15mm OD X 7mm ID bush that's 20mm long with your MK1 7mm stock bolt instead of the lug and 6mm screw you're after.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick. If I can't get the real thing I'll see
    if my mate can turn one up for me. Good plan that!

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Thanks Mick. If I can't get the real thing I'll see
    if my mate can turn one up for me. Good plan that!
    Forgot to say Rog.

There's a third piece you need if using a lug as there's a small spacer that sits on the male threads.

Also, the sear that pokes out the front of the cassette on the earlier 77s can be longer than those on the later ones and can foul on the stock --- to cure this you can either relieve the woodwork a tad or cut a little surplus metal off the front of the sear.

Forgot to say Rog.

There's a third piece you need if using a lug as there's a small spacer that sits on the male threads.

Also, the sear that pokes out the front of the cassette on the earlier 77s can be longer than those on the later ones and can foul on the stock --- to cure this you can either relieve the woodwork a tad or cut a little surplus metal off the front of the sear.
    I took my lug off my .22 77 Mk2, no spacer on that or even listed in parts views as far as I can see. It does up fine though.

Yesterday I relieved the trigger area inletting (plastic stock) to accommodate the longer sear with the Dremel so I found that out, lol.

I found a place on the Bay that does CNC aluminium stand offs in 15mm OD 20mm L and 8mm ID. He is going to do me a pair in 7mmID. FOC for the custom ID.
    Very accommodating bloke - item no 192806319833.

I took my lug off my .22 77 Mk2, no spacer on that or even listed in parts views as far as I can see. It does up fine though.
    The spacer looks like this Rog :-

image.jpg

And it fits here (W208) :-

image.jpg

The spacer stops the stock lug crushing the anti beartrap.

I see. I have no anti bear trap so maybe that's why?
    I can put a washer there if you think it helps? Any idea of the thickness?
    Thanks again for the advice

I ordered the distancing ring from Protek along with a couple of bits I needed. It'll be handy to have anyway

I ordered the distancing ring from Protek along with a couple of bits I needed. It'll be handy to have anyway

Sorry Rog, I clean forgot to get back to you.

The lug and spacer in total stand 20mm proud of the action, the end of the lug sits just below the woodwork when the stock's fitted, so the trigger guard only gives a slight crush to the stock when the screw is tightened.

All the best Mick

Sorry Rog, I clean forgot to get back to you.

The lug and spacer in total stand 20mm proud of the action, the end of the lug sits just below the woodwork when the stock's fitted, so the trigger guard only gives a slight crush to the stock when the screw is tightened.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick, I will fit the ring on my .22 lug style stock when I refit the lug. The .177 with synth stock, I will use the 20mm standoff when it arrives.
    Hopefully all will now fit without the previous distortion and uneven strain on the trigger guard/ Rekord cassette.
    Great advice cheers!

My mk1 stock has no lug routing and just uses the long screw.

Here's the CNC ally standoff 20 Lx15 ODx7 ID, fits perfectly in the 97 stock. Thanks for the dimensions, Mick
    I'd definitely use this lad Steve again for any turned bits like this. Cheap AND good AND fast - 3 impossibilities, apparently