Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webley Paradigm Demand?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Gaffa tape a hills pump into a AA410 classic.

That's always going to be the baseline for SSP.......

Commercially never going to sell enough to be viable.
    that's the thing isn't it... if you want recoiless 12 FP, but can't be arsed with a bottle, just buy a pump. Pumping and shooting are rather differet activities, best carried out at different times, in different environments, by different tool. so divorcing the two makes perfect sense.

Buy a pump !

(and FYI I have a PH Dragon - great gun, but it makes no sense in today's market )
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    (and FYI I have a PH Dragon - great gun, but it makes no sense in today's market )
    I have a pump, hate the thing But can happily sit all day with the dragon. Unfortunately commercially you are probably right, even though low unit runs can still produce a profit if handled correctly, most companies won’t take the risk.
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Gaffa tape a hills pump into a AA410 classic.
    If someone got that idea together I’d give it a go to be honest, s410 is a cracking baseline model.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    If someone got that idea together I’d give it a go to be honest, s410 is a cracking baseline model.

Hopefully the baseline model I've chosen to convert to an SSP will work when I finally get my arse in gear and order the 27mm ID pump tubing.

QB78.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hopefully the baseline model I've chosen to convert to an SSP will work when I finally get my arse in gear and order the 27mm ID pump tubing.

QB78.
    Been toying with a similar conversion idea myself, would be very interested in how your project comes along if you wouldn’t mind discussing it with me?

Best of luck!!

Been toying with a similar conversion idea myself, would be very interested in how your project comes along if you wouldn’t mind discussing it with me?

Best of luck!!
    I'm planning on using a blatant copy of the single stroke Mohawk valve, but due to the QB's bolt design I intend putting the Sidelever on the left side of the pump tube and having the linkage go overcentre on closing to save making a latch, and maybe using a rare earth magnet as well.
    Dropping this in a HW95 stock would save a bit of work as the pump tube I intend using is the same outside diameter as a 95's cylinder.

I'm in no rush to build this as I already have these :-

image.jpg

I'm planning on using a blatant copy of the single stroke Mohawk valve, but due to the QB's bolt design I intend putting the Sidelever on the left side of the pump tube and having the linkage go overcentre on closing to save making a latch, and maybe using a rare earth magnet as well.
    Dropping this in a HW95 stock would save a bit of work as the pump tube I intend using is the same outside diameter as a 95's cylinder.

I'm in no rush to build this as I already have these :-

image.jpg
    Sounds good, I’ve always like the idea of the lever going overcentre, seems the easiest way about it. And good idea matching the cylinder diameters, I’ve mused about doing the same but to an s400 stock.

Great collection there, I think I’m going to have to look out for another Mohawk, possibly a walnut stocked model to sit with my .177 beech

Great collection there, I think I’m going to have to look out for another Mohawk, possibly a walnut stocked model to sit with my .177 beech

Thank you Tom.

I actually have two other SSPs plus an incomplete Dragon action, I'll try to take a picture of the two complete guns and post it later.

All the best Mick

Thank you Tom.

I actually have two other SSPs plus an incomplete Dragon action, I'll try to take a picture of the two complete guns and post it later.

All the best Mick
    Nice one mate, I’ve got the bug for SSPs myself too, just running out of room to put them

Atb, Tom

I'll try to take a picture of the two complete guns and post it later.
    Here we go, these make Bell Targets easier. :-

image.jpg

Here we go, these make Bell Targets easier. :-

image.jpg
    Lovely things!! Is that a 601 and a 603? I use a steyr LG1 for Bell target and that’s the same format pretty much.

Lovely things!! Is that a 601 and a 603? I use a steyr LG1 for Bell target and that’s the same format pretty much.
    Close Tom, it's actually a 601 and 603 I'm short of for the set.

The top gun is a 600 and the lower one is a 602, I gather that the 603 is the most sorted of the four models, being the culmination of Feinwerkbau's continuous developement of the SSP system before moving to PCPs.

Close Tom, it's actually a 601 and 603 I'm short of for the set.

The top gun is a 600 and the lower one is a 602, I gather that the 603 is the most sorted of the four models, being the culmination of Feinwerkbau's continuous developement of the SSP system before moving to PCPs.
    I always get the FWB Numbers confused in my head. Match rifles are another world in terms of precision engineering though. Mine outshoots the squishy bit holding it by a country mile!

I think Steyr only made the one SSP and a lot of those were converted to co2 using bits from the LG10. I was torn between the LG1 and the black laminate Walther SSP at the time, still might pick one up if I see one... think I’ve got a problem

I had a FWB 601 l/h cracking rifle, I also have the other end of the spectrum a Gamo Supermatch, now there is another interesting rifle.....it's been to Wonky Donkey and had the pump valve sorted.....shoots great.
    I am also a fan of SSPs with a Genesis ( my 4th) a Gaystate mkii l/h and a Bowkett custom piece... Had both Mohawks, JB1s and Dragons.....

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I had a FWB 601 l/h cracking rifle, I also have the other end of the spectrum a Gamo Supermatch, now there is another interesting rifle.....it's been to Wonky Donkey and had the pump valve sorted.....shoots great.
    I am also a fan of SSPs with a Genesis ( my 4th) a Gaystate mkii l/h and a Bowkett custom piece... Had both Mohawks, JB1s and Dragons.....
    Sounds like you’ve had quite the set, would love to see pics of the Bowkett custom piece.

I’ve got a genesis on the way, anything I should know?