Thread: Bead Blasting

Bead Blasting

Is anyone doing this or could someone point me in the right direction as I fancy a Matt finish instead of a gloss blue..

Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post
    Is anyone doing this or could someone point me in the right direction as I fancy a Matt finish instead of a gloss blue..
    Venom offered this finish long ago, Diana did a few rifles this way, who does it now ?

Would make sense to have a matt finished rifle if your out hunting.
    Last edited by HW777; 22-03-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Hw77+7

Hi Richard

I hope that you are well mate.

Why don’t you look at the cerakote finish that is being applied, to some modern firearms and air rifles.

It is a modern finish that can be a matt “ none glare” finish, for hunting and I am informed that it is is very tuff and durable.

Email me as I have a good friend that can arrange this finish being applied.

Kind Regards

David

I bought a pub wall hanger shotgun that had what looked like 100 years worth of fly droppings and tobacco smoke on it.

Wire brushing did not impress it so I took the barrels down to some chap in Newhaven dockland.

He grit blasted and it laughed at him, so he put on a bomb disposal IED type suit and wound up the enormous sandblaster at the back of the building which ripped it down to bare metal.

Then he had to bead blast it with water and glass to stop it rusting solid before I got it home. Apparently it smoothed the surface and smooth surfaces don't rust like sand blasted surfaces.

I never knew there was so much to it.

I've just got some soda to try soda blasting an action before it gets Cerakoted.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I've just got some soda to try soda blasting an action before it gets Cerakoted.
    A place out in the West Lothian does the soda blasting . They do a lot classic cars stuff and machinery.they are on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/SodaBlastin...and/?ref=br_rs A friend had a motorbike engine done by them
    Last edited by bighit; 22-03-2018 at 07:28 PM.

As above I'd go for the cerakote. Its ceramic and hard as nails.

I'd speak to the firm doing the cerakote too before you attempt any kind of blasting. I'm sure cerakote is better applied to a smooth finish.
    B.A.S.C. member