Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sales section rules

Sales section rules

Lads and lasses, can we make sure we read the rules in the for sales section before posting an add please, atb Daz

Ah well, Daz mate, I take it you're a bit pissed off ?

Thankfully no forum rules have been broken in this instant, admin would prefer members to state on the thread that they'll purchase the item but a commitment to buy via PM also counts.

So from the Venom thread in question, I take it that Dac41's PM stated his intention to buy, so beating your post on the thread.

Here's the part of the forum rules :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick

I too alway believed the rules to have been...

First to say yes on the thread followed by a PM

I now see that is not the case but still feel Daz has acted in the more appropriate manner.

First to say yes on a thread followed by a PM is far more open, honest and fair. Isn't that what the BBS strives to be and in return expects from its members.

Johnj.

PS I am not saying the buyer or seller have done anything wrong, clearly acting within current forum rules.
    Last edited by johnj; 22-03-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).

You can always change the rules making a single specific route the CLEAR and only route to follow.

End of any disputes as I see it.

Have you done it the way it is described - yes/no
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Apologies all, I think I may be to blame here.
    I messaged the seller around 5.30am on the morning that the post was authored, saying my mate would most likely be interested in the rifle. I didn’t want to comment on the thread as the rifle wasn’t for me and I didn’t want to bump the post up.
    So I think it’s possibly my fault for throwing a spanner in the works.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah well, Daz mate, I take it you're a bit pissed off ?

Thankfully no forum rules have been broken in this instant, admin would prefer members to state on the thread that they'll purchase the item but a commitment to buy via PM also counts.

So from the Venom thread in question, I take it that Dac41's PM stated his intention to buy, so beating your post on the thread.

Here's the part of the forum rules :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick, yes you could say that I'm slightly anoyed, especially now I know I was the first to give a clear indication to buy, I think the rules need to be more clear so that this doesn't happen again, atb mate and I'll see you in a couple of weeks

I know what you're saying, guys, and there's nothing wrong with asking admin to have a fresh look at sales section rules.

In my opinion, this is a good rule:

We would much prefer that commitments to buy be made on the thread, to avoid any confusion or bad feeling, but ultimately it is entirely up to the seller who they chose to sell to, irrespective of whatever means is used to make that commitment. (PM email etc).
    Some sellers choose to make admin's recommendation a condition of their sale i.e. First to post "I'll take it" on the thread, followed by a PM - gets it.

Other sellers choose not to, or choose to make other conditions i.e. Will not post, or Collection prefered.

I think we're going down a rocky road if we start insisting who a seller should sell his goods to...?

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    You can always change the rules making a single specific route the CLEAR and only route to follow.

End of any disputes as I see it.

Have you done it the way it is described - yes/no
    With respect, you could always read the rules yourself my friend, and stop posting comments on sale threads?

Please do not chat, comment on, or bump, other people's sales threads. In short, if you are not selling or interested in buying, or answering a direct request for information, do not post on a thread. These actions simply bump the thread to the top and drop somebody else down

Surely if someone wants to sell an item on a forum that clearly states rules, then they should abide by the forum rules, if this isn't the case, then what's the point in having rules in the first place, atb Daz

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Surely if someone wants to sell an item on a forum that clearly states rules, then they should abide by the forum rules, if this isn't the case, then what's the point in having rules in the first place, atb Daz
    Even if 2 people put ON the tread say they want to buy,

Its still down to the seller to decide who he wants to sell too.

Its his decision.

So what the rules say are irrelevant.

So stop crying, we have all been gazumped on the sales so suck it up.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Even if 2 people put ON the tread say they want to buy,

Its still down to the seller to decide who he wants to sell too.

Its his decision.

So what the rules say are irrelevant.

So stop crying, we have all been gazumped on the sales so suck it up.
    Ooh tuff guy ay

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Ooh tuff guy ay
    Not at all, just saying how it is.
    Master Debater

I saw the thread in the sales section and one person had posted "PM sent", then BAD DAZ posted he would have it if it was still available. It wasn't, so what's the problem Daz ? You knew there was a PM sent before you posted, so the rifle was potentially sold. The seller hasn't broken any rules.

As Murphy has said, we've all been gazumped at some point. No use moaning about it, just be ready for when the next one comes along... Good Luck
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    That's my old rifle (and my photos from my advert from when I sold it a year or so ago, too) ... You probably don't want to here this BAD DAZ, but it looks lots better in the flesh than it does in the photos, and shoots smoother than a very smooth thing on a special day for shooting smoothly, too (sorry chaps, it's the miscreant in me, I just couldn't resist ) ...

For ref however, as the o-p has edited out the price now it has sold (wish people wouldn't do that), so what was the advertised sale price, please?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    That's my old rifle (and my photos from my advert from when I sold it a year or so ago, too) ... You probably don't want to here this BAD DAZ, but it looks lots better in the flesh than it does in the photos, and shoots smoother than a very smooth thing on a special day for shooting smoothly, too (sorry chaps, it's the miscreant in me, I just couldn't resist ) ...

For ref however, as the o-p has edited out the price now it has sold (wish people wouldn't do that), so what was the advertised sale price, please?

£25 plus postage