Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sales section rules

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Nice one, I had to watch it all to remember the punchline
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

£25 plus postage
    So he made a profit then?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post

Nice one, I had to watch it all to remember the punchline
    Ditto x2.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    £25 plus postage

You Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    So he made a profit then?
    Think me Badder?

With respect, you could always read the rules yourself my friend, and stop posting comments on sale threads?[/QUOTE]

Makes no difference. Been there...said yes and seller sold elswhere. As it stands seller sells to whom they wish.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I can appreciate both sides here. The OP assumed a firm offer trump's a pm (possibly asking for info or making an offer). However this post reminds us all that the seller can accept an offer by pm; so essentially first come, first served.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Makes no difference. Been there...said yes and seller sold elsewhere. As it stands seller sells to whom they wish.
    Yep, regarding this topic - it's just as Mick said in post #2. Forum rules do not appear to have been broken.

I'd like to propose another rule or three. If you are selling something - log into the BBS at least once per day to check your ad and answer emails. Don't post an ad and go AWOL or go on holiday or whatever.

If an item is sold - please mark as sold! I know most people do, but not all.

Another pet peeve - don't remove the selling price after the item has sold. Not a huge deal, but looking back on old posts, it is useful to know where second hand prices are going.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    I saw the thread in the sales section and one person had posted "PM sent", then BAD DAZ posted he would have it if it was still available. It wasn't, so what's the problem Daz ? You knew there was a PM sent before you posted, so the rifle was potentially sold. The seller hasn't broken any rules.

As Murphy has said, we've all been gazumped at some point. No use moaning about it, just be ready for when the next one comes along... Good Luck
    Nailed it in one.

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    I would like to set the record straight here.

I sold the rifle to someone who PM’d me first with a firm offer, before Bad-daz. I PM’d bad-daz and informed him of this and that he was second in line if the seller dropped out (dac41 made low offer and then dropped out).

When the rifle was sold I PM’d bad-daz again telling him of this and thanking him for his interest.

In don’t see if I could have done more, maybe I will in future put a caveat on my sales threads.

Finally, I think it would be best if the full facts were known before posting on threads, especially on a sales thread.

Regards
    Haydn
    Last edited by CannonFodder; 23-03-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I would like to set the record straight here.

I sold the rifle to someone who PM’d me first with a firm offer, before Bad-daz. I PM’d bad-daz and informed him of this and that he was second in line if the seller dropped out (dac41 made low offer and then dropped out).

When the rifle was sold I PM’d bad-daz again telling him of this and thanking him for his interest.

In don’t see if I could have done more, maybe I will in future put a caveat on my sales threads.

Finally, I think it would be best if the full facts were known before posting on threads, especially on a sales thread.

Regards
    Haydn
    Hi Haydon, the reasons why I felt that things had not been done fairly, is the fact that you messaged me at 22:05 to tell me that the other person was probably going to buy the gun, then you messaged me again at 01:15 to tell me that the gun was now sold, my offer to buy was at 06:30 the day before, I was also under the impression that an offer to buy should be made on the sales thread, I was obviously wrong in this assumption as this has now been made clear to me by forum admin and a bunch of other people that decided to but in. I am truly very sorry for my mistake and would like to make a formal apology to you and hope we can put this matter behind us, atvb Daz

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    Thanks Daz, appreciate the apology.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    FWIW, I'm also of the view that commitment to buy should be on the thread as it is transparent first. Discussions restricted to pm. Offers either way.

It doesn't apply in this case but I would also reserve the right to sell to who I want to. It is a tiny minority of the membership, but there are some that I would chose not to deal with either way, due to previous experience.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    FWIW, I'm also of the view that commitment to buy should be on the thread as it is transparent first. Discussions restricted to pm. Offers either way.

It doesn't apply in this case but I would also reserve the right to sell to who I want to. It is a tiny minority of the membership, but there are some that I would chose not to deal with either way, due to previous experience.

Dave
    Agree with all the above.