Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sales section rules

CannonFodder is online now Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    Well I've learned from this one and in future I will insist on a firm intention to buy on the thread followed by a PM, the first person to meet the criteria getting first choice.

I realise that a lot of unnecessary bad feeling was created and I don't want it to happen again.

It's good protocol to say 'I'll take it' and have this accepted on a thread.

However, there are always going to be exceptions to this and at the end of the day the seller should be free to sell his goods to who he likes - for example if a close neighbor pops up on the thread and PM's, the seller might want to sell to him as it's more convenient/avoids postage etc. A buyer with a known history of reliability might take precedence, too.

Finally, the seller shouldn't have to sell to someone he doesn't want to sell to - he might not like them, think some of his posts might imply irresponsibility etc.

No need for all this moaning and bickering... I've never understood why some people post "PM sent" when the PM says they will buy the item.. If you want to buy something, just post on the thread that you will buy it and then follow it up with a PM... It's just too easy for some people
    Last edited by jeff0100; 23-03-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    No need for all this moaning and bickering... I've never understood why some people post "PM sent" when the PM says they will buy the item.. If you want to buy something, just post on the thread that you will buy it and then follow it up with a PM... It's just too easy for some people
    Well said, it's so easy how does it go wrong,