Thread: Bsa spitfire buddy bottle valve

Bsa spitfire buddy bottle valve

Hi just to ask I've got a bsa spitfire here which I've had a while now and I give it a few shots at least every fortnight or weekly on times, All seems great and doesn't lose any air etc, Just wanted to know as I've got a 400cc buddy bottle spare now without valve which was used on my rapid could I buy a bsa valve to fit the 400cc buddy bottle to then use to fill my spitfire, Is there a specific bsa valve for the spitfire or will any of the super 10 / r 10 valves work, At momeht im using my dive tank to fill the spitfire via a adapter, Thanks,

bsa valve

hi there, I used a s10 to top up when /if I needed to when out. as regards the r10 valve I haven't a clue. regards gc93.......

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi just to ask I've got a bsa spitfire here which I've had a while now and I give it a few shots at least every fortnight or weekly on times, All seems great and doesn't lose any air etc, Just wanted to know as I've got a 400cc buddy bottle spare now without valve which was used on my rapid could I buy a bsa valve to fit the 400cc buddy bottle to then use to fill my spitfire, Is there a specific bsa valve for the spitfire or will any of the super 10 / r 10 valves work, At momeht im using my dive tank to fill the spitfire via a adapter, Thanks,
    You could contact John Bowkett as he designed them
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Best Fittings will sort for you.

Thanks all, I have messaged best fittings and if no reply by monday then I'll bell them,

Any bsa or rapid valve should work as I’ve used both to fill all my slow fill spitfires. The high fill uses a probe.
    Atb Jon
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    Any bsa or rapid valve should work as I’ve used both to fill all my slow fill spitfires. The high fill uses a probe.
    Atb Jon
    Hi Jon, I've tried all my rapid bottles, Tried 8 altogether but none seem to work, I was led to believe it was a hit or a miss with them , I'm using an adapter at moment through a dive tank and all works great, I ain't got a bsa buddy to try but I've got quite a few rapid bottles as I've only got the one rapid now plus one of my bottles I've not long removed the valve, Just thinking before I got a new valve I was thinking of putting a bsa valve on it instead of one to fit a rapid, Was also told it can be a hit or a miss with the bsa buddy's aswell so not really sure as what to buy at moment,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi Jon, I've tried all my rapid bottles, Tried 8 altogether but none seem to work, I was led to believe it was a hit or a miss with them , I'm using an adapter at moment through a dive tank and all works great, I ain't got a bsa buddy to try but I've got quite a few rapid bottles as I've only got the one rapid now plus one of my bottles I've not long removed the valve, Just thinking before I got a new valve I was thinking of putting a bsa valve on it instead of one to fit a rapid, Was also told it can be a hit or a miss with the bsa buddy's aswell so not really sure as what to buy at moment,
    Interesting! Yet equally frustrating I’m sure mate! Does it actually screw/ bite onto the thread? It does take a bit of aligning to get the bottle on square? Give the thread a wipe on the bottle and spitfire and hold it square on and keep lightly turning until takes hold mate. It’s easy to turn the bottle and slightly tilt it and then it won’t bite, which is frustrating. It should fit, at least bite, then take it slow so as not to cross the threads if there is an issue with the spitfire female thread...
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    Interesting! Yet equally frustrating I’m sure mate! Does it actually screw/ bite onto the thread? It does take a bit of aligning to get the bottle on square? Give the thread a wipe on the bottle and spitfire and hold it square on and keep lightly turning until takes hold mate. It’s easy to turn the bottle and slightly tilt it and then it won’t bite, which is frustrating. It should fit, at least bite, then take it slow so as not to cross the threads if there is an issue with the spitfire female thread...
    Hi Jon, No they all screw on fine , Just seems as if the bottle valve is not reaching the pin in the gun filler, I've been told in the past that they can be a hit or a miss even with bsa buddy bottles aswell,

As post number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    As post number 3.

Thanks buddy I may have to,