Thread: Selling my 1977 HW35 / Valuation advice please

Selling my 1977 HW35 / Valuation advice please

Hi all

Due to ill health and the rifle never being used, I am thinking of selling my HW35 .22 air rifle that was originally purchased brand new by my father back In the 1970's. I was actually with him when he bought It. It was this rifle that started off my Interest In shooting when I was a young teenager. We spent many a good hunting foray together out In the fields of Kent.

The only work that has been carried out to the rifle since new was a full service a few years ago by a qualified gunsmith, and by memory a new spring was fitted. (I still have the old one) Apparently the Internals were In good condition and didn't need any attention. Also, as the stock had picked up quite a few scratches and gauges over the years, I decided to give the wood work a rub down and tidy up. I decided to go down the boiled linseed route rather than to stain and re varnish. And for a first attempt I think I did a fair job.

I also sent off the serial number to Weihrauch a couple of years ago and they confirmed the year of manufacture to be 1977. (I have the printed reply from Weihrauch)

This rifle since It's last service a few years ago has probably only fired about a dozen shots or so, because I decided to go down the PCP route and bought a brand new HW100's In .177 cal.
    I was just wondering If somebody could give me a rough estimation on how much this rifle could sell for should I decide to part with It.

regards,

John

Here Is a link that shows a couple of photo's of the rifle from a post that I added on AirgunBBS a few years ago :

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....75#post5861475
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Hw35

Hi John. They don't fetch alot these days. £150 to £200 tops for mint 35's. Of course more for Luxus, E's and of course the vixen model. Mach 1.5

Is there a premium for thumb hole stock versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormicron View Post
    Is there a premium for thumb hole stock versions.
    Yes, and for the luxus and export stocks. The thumbhole (Lochschaft) is probably the rarest configuration. I saw a t/h 35 on here for £280 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Hi John. They don't fetch alot these days. £150 to £200 tops for mint 35's. Of course more for Luxus, E's and of course the vixen model. Mach 1.5
    As above

Thanks for the replies and Info lads
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal